Byrdie is 1,000 Days sober !!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is the 15th of October (at least here in England) so I would like to start celebrating Byrdie's 1,000 days sober.

I would like to share a story about a Persian king and his new bride. He is shocked to discover her infidelity and has her executed: but in his bitterness and grief decides that all women are the same. The king, Shahryar, begins to marry a succession of virgins only to execute each one the next morning, before she has a chance to dishonour him. Eventually the Vizier, whose duty it is to provide them, cannot find any more virgins. Scheherazade, the Vizier's daughter, offers herself as the next bride and her father reluctantly agrees. On the night of their marriage, Scheherazade begins to tell the king a tale, but does not end it. The king, curious about how the story ends, is thus forced to postpone her execution in order to hear the conclusion. The next night, as soon as she finishes the tale, she begins (and only begins) a new one, and the king, eager to hear the conclusion, postpones her execution once again. So it goes on for 1,001 nights.

The reason I decided to begin Byrdie's celebration by telling this story is because I think it is very befitting the occasion. She through will alone managed to stay sober for 1,000 days and thus by beating her addiction one day at a time.

Byrdie I wish you to conquer Shahryar for the rest of your life and thank you for supporting us with defeating our own addiction.

Here is your award, prince Alladin

Allan
    AF since 1st Sep 2012
    NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Holy Mackeral! Congratulations Birdie!!!

Comment

Congratulations Byrdie!!! What a fantastic achievement!! Here's to the next 1000 days!!:l:l:l

Comment

Byrdie - congrats! You are an inspiration to all of us. Much love, xx
        Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Great post Allan! Byrdie, congrats! You are a huge inspiration to all of us, you certainly have been to me, and it's all done with wit, positivity and panache! We'd be lost without you Lady, well done! It's a pity we don't have an icon for 1000! xxxx
          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

WOW Huge congrats Byrdie...you are an inspiration to us all....you have been there to support us and keep us on track...Here's to 1000 more!
            dottie
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Congrats Byrdie! awesome acheivement,thank you for being on this site
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Byrdie, you give me a glimpse into what my life can be like it I just stick with it. I admire you tremendously.
                You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Congratulations! Gives us all hope .... Love the Arabian Nights award, Allan

Comment

CONGRATS ON 1000 AF DAYS BYRDIE!!!!!
                    I am so happy for you & proud to know you & call you friend!
                    My little Byrdie is all grown up :l

Wishing you the very best!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Byrdie, congratulations on your 1000 days!!! You are an inspiration. Thanks for being here!
                      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                      AF 11/12/11

Comment

I bow before you in humbleness, Byrdie. What a guide you have been to all of us. Thank You.

Comment

OUR FEARLESS LEADER... WONDERFUL FRIEND AND GUIDING LIGHT :h
                          :l:l:l:l:
                          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

WOW BYRDIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:
                            That is soooooooooo fantastic!!!
                            A big :thanks: from me, for always being so supportive, so lovely and so giving. You deserve all that the wonderful future has instore for you. :h

Comment

Byrdie congratulations on reaching 1000 days AF. I know there were times when life brought you challenges, times of celebration, lots of temptations along the way. You worked through it and you won. AL wouldn't dare show himself in your world now!

But beyond that you have stuck around to help others. I'm one of them. You got me through that first baby shower by supporting me and talking me through it. I felt you were right there with me. It wasn't easy from there but facing that first challenge and succeeding gave me strength to continue. I will be forever in your debt.

I'm not the only one, I'm sure. So thank you for all you do Byrdie. Your generosity is appreciated!
                              Newbies Nest
                              Toolbox
                              My accountability thread

Comment

Working...
                              X