Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

Just a big thank you to everyone.
    I've done five days AF and feeling good. I'm happier than I've been in a long, long time and a few folk have even remarked that I look different (not quite Brad Pitt yet though!). In over twenty years of excessive drinking, this is only my fourth period off: 14 days once and 10 days twice and now. I'm feeling much more positive this time and it's thanks to all the support and encouragement I've been getting here at MWO. I went to the local shop tonight and instead of loading up on beer, wine or vodka I bought 1.5ltrs of pepsi, pringles and chocolate and enjoying it. Can't be too abstemious!!

Thanks again folks, you are all wonderful.

Raoul

Thanks

That is just great. I am glad you are feeling this time around is different. Enjoy the Pepsi and Pringles.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Thanks

good for you

Good for you raoul. I bet you notice how much better the pepsi and chips taste compared to before, huh? I swear that drinking dulls your sense of taste. Now when I eat stuff while sober, it taste so much better.
      where does this go?

Comment

Thanks

Raoul:
        This place is great. I am so glad you are feeling (and looking) better because of the support you are receiving here. Keep up the good work. Although I was always a Diet Pepsi and Cheetos girl myself, I am totally with you on the chocolate!!!
        Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Thanks

Good for you Raoul, keep it up and long live CHOCOLATE..
          A F F L..
          Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Thanks

Carry on! Rudemama

Comment

Thanks

Onward & Upward!
              :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Thanks

Good for you Raoul,
                Keep up the good work and congrats.:goodjob:
                Not to be the wet blanket but you should watch out for the sugar blast.There is some research showing that it triggers alcohol cravings and that our body is substitutuing 1 carb buzz for another.
                I found this information really interesting:
                "Get ready for a big change in the way you eat. You're going to have to give up foods containing refined sugar. That means virtually all sweets. Candy bars, Colas, Cookies, Ice cream. I know you love these foods. You may not want them when you're drinking, but most alcoholics begin to crave sweets as soon as they go on the wagon. Small wonder! Did you ever think about the similarities between sugar and alcohol? Both are carbohydrates with no nutritional value-all you get from them is calories. Both are absorbed directly into the bloodstream, and both can cause memory blackouts and intense cravings."
                about alcoholism treatment & mental health
                This is a really good link suggested by someone here at MWO.
                Again,:welcome:
                Victoria xxooxx

Comment

Thanks

That's excellent Raoul!! Good for you! And love live Pepsi, Pringles and Chocolate! I bought some chocolate yesterday and I plan on eating it all. Can't deprive ourselves of everything now can we!? Enjoy!!

Comment

Thanks

Well Done Raoul, that is excellent .....l
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

Thanks

Way to go!

:goodjob: Raoul!

Fabulous job on 5 days AF so enjoy!

(Do have to admit to the sugar cravings, though - thanks for the link, Victoria, think I need to visit!)
                      :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                      Goals:
                      Days 1-7 DONE
                      Days 8-14 DONE
                      Days 15-21 DONE
                      30 days DONE
                      60 days
                      100 days

Comment

Working...
                      X