Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my new low .. and my promise

Dear All,

AL makes u do bad things. It makes one a selfish liar and careless person. I came back from germany this morning with a resolve that I will not drink as I am back home. Today is also my wife birthday and we had plans to go out for dinner.

What I could have done :

I could have made my wifes day by remain long sober spending good quality time with her and kids.

What I did :

I started drinking in evening at a local bar. Took my family out for dinner. Sneeked from restaurant to nearby bar ordered beer. While drinking my wife knowing me too well came there and caught me red handed.

I am a liar and I have spoiled her birthday evening. Already the trust level was so low and here I am not doing good.

But enough is enough. I decided to stop drinking. Stopped for so many days. And now I then decided to let myself drink again. But no more.

Tomorrow is my day one folks and I promise I will be here posting everyday and will embrase sobirity.

Al is not for me and I cannot control it. Last one week of daily heavy drinking proves that. Tonight prooves that.

I will standup again I will feel proud...
    Rahul
    --------------------------------------------
    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
    Rebooting ... done ...
    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Rahul - I look forward to following your journey! And I wish you success.

Comment

Thanks sake.
      Rahul
      Rebooting ... done ...

Comment

Let's go!!!
        AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

We're with you friend!
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Dear Rahul, please don't think me insensitive but I think a little "tough love" may be needed here. You have said a couple of times in the past few months that you knew you could not moderate, that AL makes you do selfish things, and that you are better off without it. Then, you choose to drink.

Believe me, I have started on day 1 several times in the last six months and I don't begin to think I have this addiction licked. But, there will, eventually, come a time when your wife, or children or people who want to see you succeed won't believe you when you say you are going to quit.

What are you going to do differently this time and how should we help you hold yourself accountable?
            Free at Last
            "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
            http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Rahul I think I have to agree with Free on this one. You need to formulate a plan on how you make sobriety stick. Just saying you have resolve when you are drinking and/or drunk is, as you know, a far cry from 10 days, 20 days, 20 years removed from alcohol. You stated your reasons quite well for wanting to quit, you love your Wife and Son.

The question is whether you love them more than the high because you cant have your cake and eat it too. You are a stop, an accident, a poor choice in a bar, an embarrasing moment, and countless other ways your life can fall apart, from losing all that you love and cherish. If by chance you manage to hold it all together short term ( high functioning alkie) your are a heart attack, liver disease, diabetes, stroke, overdose, or convulsion waiting to happen. Eventually Alcohol wins. It always does and always will!

We started out around the same time and believe me I want you to succeed! Throw out the alcohol, get some sleep and tomorrow reread your posts and decide what you really want out. This forum can supply all the support you need but we cant take that bottle out of your hands. Only you can do that. Good luck my friend.
              Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Rahul,
                We know you feel bad, we all do when we slip. Don't make promises, just do it. We're all pulling for you.

Comment

Rahul like I said before. Get mad. Get fighting mad and kick that happy al to the curb. We are here and we can help you do it. Key word is help. From now on make proud memories instead of regrets. Last day one tomorrow. You can do it. If I can do it you can too.
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Dear Free at last

You are right I need to get kicked, punched or what ever. I will comeback on track.

Rahul
                    Rahul
                    Rebooting ... done ...

Comment

Rahul

Good for you! Now if we can just get you from speaking about getting back on track in the future and start talking about the present we'll have a home run. Instead of the phrase "I will comeback on track" try "I'm back" :H
                      Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Hello Rahul - Day one...let's do this thing!!

Comment

Rahul

I am on day 3. The first thing I did on Monday morning wasn't to make promises to my wife, but to apologise. It was to apologise for all the bad mess i'd made of things in the past 5 years since i last relapsed. It was the first thing that came to me. I haven't yet made any promises at all (which in essence is a guilty emotion as it implies that you have let yourself down). You may well have let yourself down, but that is the past and you cannot bring that back. You must focus on the future.

If you're going to make promises, make them dead small promises. Then each time you keep one, you'll gain strength from it. A good promise to start with, would be to get through the next 24 hours. Then post again. Feel for you mate.

Comment

Working...
                          X