Getting Married

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Married

Just wanted to officially announce here that I dropped to my knee and asked Kira to marry me, and she accepted.

Those of you near the Chicago area are naturally invited to whatever comes after this, though I am not sure what that involves. Ceremony will take place at Saint Marks Catholic Church here in South Side Chicago.

The rock (1.25 K) came from Tivol of Chicago (which I am going to be paying on for a long ass time). I proposed with a fairly simple statement "I don't want to be with anyone but you, and I don't want you to be with anyone but me".

Not exactly my typical check in to the nest, but I am in love, and I finally decided to do something about it.
    In the immortal words of Socrates " I just drank what ? "

AF since August 18, 2013

Getting Married

Wow, Congratulations!

Comment

Getting Married

Dear C-Developer, may you and Kira have many happy years together. Let me add that I got married before my 24th birthday and have been married 30+ years now. My DH and I both attribute our success to the fact that when we married, we had pretty much nothing -- our clothes, garage sale furniture, and books. And, the list of what we expected in a spouse was not very long (trustworthy, a good friend, funny). But, we made a point to have some activity that we enjoyed pursuing together and have continued in that vein for 30 decades. Finally, I hope you remain AF and don't let it become an issue in your relationship. You deserve to be happy.,
      Free at Last
      "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
      http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Getting Married

Congrats C....wishing u and Kira decades of happiness.
        Dottie
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Getting Married

Congrats C! So happy for you!

Comment

Getting Married

Thanks guys. i found my princess, but i am one of the lucky ones

AF since August 18, 2013

Comment

Getting Married

C-dev - I am so happy for the two of you. Enjoy your life together. xx
              Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Getting Married

Mossrose_it is real simple, I love her

AF since August 18, 2013

Comment

Getting Married

That's all that matters, my friend.
                  Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Getting Married

I know your expecting this so I might as be the one to get it out of the way...

Whats the Damn rush ?? I mean You love her..ok..she loves you .. even better.. but Why Jump into a freaking life long Commitment so fast ? Dude .. I think your making a big mistake man. Dont get me wrong here Im so happy for you guys and you sound astounding everytime you talk about her. Even if you end up being Happily married for the rest of your lives I still think its a mistake right now. Its not fair for the both of you to take on the responsibilities of each other. Right now your only responsible for yourself but not after you say "I Do" though. Its That type of gig man. Take is easy bro .. there is no reason to rush this.

Enjoy yourselves together .. thats the ONLY thing that matters right now.
                    Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                    AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Getting Married

I love a good wedding as much as the next person, I am so happy that you have found love C Dev, but marriage is a huge commitment. HUGE. And life changing. You two are just getting to know each other again, take your time and enjoy it. All the best xx
                      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Getting Married

Yes this sounds too rushed c developer. Have yiu two dated long? I know you dated before but I don't think yiu two really dated a long time. It's not possible to know someone in that short space of time. I know you're in love and that's great but it takes at least six months to know someone well and get to see the real person and see if yiu two are compatible. I wish you wo well though whatever happens I really hope it works out for you.
                        Drink free since 18 August 2013:h

Comment

Getting Married

Congrats C dev. I was too busy getting high unfortutely that I missed your post. May you have great life together ...and remember to remain sober.
                          Rahul
                          --------------------------------------------
                          Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                          Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                          Rebooting ... done ...
                          Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Getting Married

Congrats, MR!!!!
                            Ok, here comes the nester-muther advice, which you didn't ask for....I know she is your world, but be sure to keep your quit #1 in your life. ALWAYS #1, no matter what and no matter who. I am so happy for you!! Hugs, Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Getting Married

Thanks guys,

and i truly appreciate the feedback, and even the criticism, but none of you know what I do. Kira is my world, and I want to spend the rest of my life with her, which is why I dropped to a knee and asked for her hand.

To the 3rd party observer, I am certain it looks impulsive and irrational, and perhaps it is to some degree, but I can't close my eyes without her burned into my retina.

I think I have found my soulmate, and I want her in my life for as long as I draw breath. Getting sober has been an incredible experience, but Kira loves me, and I love her, so this is a natural progression.

Those of you near Chicago are welcome and encouraged to attend. My Juliet has found me.

AF since August 18, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X