Do shit days at work lead to drink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a shit day yesterday. I mean work wise. It did not help the fact that I was only on day 2!

The good news is that I have just finished a steak and a non alcoholic lager tonight. I decided I have to confront alcohol at every door, and so have opted NOT to avoid hotel restaurants etc.

Despite my truly shit day (when I received some pretty shit news on an account), it did not trigger me to want to drink. In fact, it made me go to the gym in the hotel and batter the treadmill to fuck for 40 minutes. I ran like a headcase and felt amazing afterwards as a result:goodjob:

However, had ZERO energy all through today. But that said, it is a very different proposition, waking up knowing you will not feel like shit all day. I'd take a bit of tiredness anyday over the hangover feeling.

So I pose the question. Why have shit days at work triggered me to drink in the past, yet this time, It was the opposite? Day 3 today everybody... Tomorrow is day 4!:wings:

You are aware of your goal. You met it! YAY for you. I am day 3 today too.
    AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

I think that might be the biggest lie we must uncover. No circumstance can make us drink but any circumstance can force us to be stronger! Which is exactly what you did...GREAT JOB!!!

Comment

Well done the pair of you - you are both brilliant!

In answer to the OP question - yes it can

But only if you let it

You are strong and can beat the urge.

Once again - well done on a superb effort

:goodjob:
        Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

Well done Matt and Gettingitright! Anything can trigger drinking, but only if you let it. The treadmill is a great destresser! :goodjob:
          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

That's very true. If you want to drink, you make up an excuse. I think its keeping sight of what you are trying to achieve and knowing you make those excuses to yourself.

Comment

I can only speak for me but I found bad days, good days, happy times, sad times and basically any time I was awake was a reason to drink.
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Shit days make for shit nights ! Go out and do something constructive in the evenings.......Help you forget about the shitdoom you have to deal with. Ha! Don't drink it makes things worse.
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Cinders, that's what I was saying. You make an excuse if ya want one bad enough

Comment

IAD;1572734 wrote: Shit days make for shit nights ! Go out and do something constructive in the evenings.......Help you forget about the shitdoom you have to deal with. Ha! Don't drink it makes things worse.
                    IAD,

So good to see you!!!!

Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi Cindi......I pop in from time to time....good to hear from you. Tony
                      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                      X