No announcement yet.

Just Starting Out...for the thousandth time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool Allswell! I have a little musical talent myself. Played the flute in the band and orchestra for about 7 years. I loved to play, but that was years ago!
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

I feel like in sobriety, obviously, the physical highs aren't there, but neither are the physical lows. For now. It feels I have more of a true balance, physically. Emotionally, well...maybe I do have more balance there, too. I'm sure I'll experience natural physical highs, but for now, it's more like smooth sailing. I welcome it.
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hi J-Vo, some might call it the new normal but I would call what you are describing to be absolute clarity. I'm so glad you welcome it and not feel like anything is missing. I want to be back in that place.

Do you still play the flute or participate musically? I have a career that I would like to retire from sooner rather than later but two things I can't do without are exercise, especially running, and playing music. Mr. G might be on the same page.

Smooth sailing sound perfect!
        2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Allswell, no I don't. Haven't played in about 35 years! It was while I was in school and Jeez, I can't believe it's been that long. I would like to get into a good exercise routine, though. You have a career in music?

Comment

Hi J-Vo, no career in music. I have always enjoyed playing guitar, cello, and played bass in a band way back when I was in college but my career path has taken me to be a tax CPA - hence my desire to retire as quickly as possible. I have no heart in the career anymore and would like to spend meaningful healthy time doing meaningful things. The future for all of us requires clarity and good solid decision making and drinking allows for none of that. I'm so glad you have found that clarity! The thousandth day one for me starts tomorrow.
            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Working...
            X