Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On My Way

Chief,

I am new here as well and beem in to catch this wonderful supportive wave on this sacred site.
    The physical agonies at first ease up in their way and I found that the Kudzu makes such the difference. I read someone say in a pinch to put some under your tongue; I found some in a health store that is liquid.
    I found also that broth is soothing and always there for comfort.

The voices that speak on this site have given me a place to come out of my hiding as a reclusive alcoholic.

I support you so,
    I am AF day two now and am blown away for this is like light years for me.
    Physically, I too, am experiencing the purging of the demons and I come here to be amongst the angels.

Bless You,
    be good to your precious self,
    Karen
    :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

On My Way

Karen, just read your post. Have been AF on and off since the November, but I have yet to experience the sense of peace and hope that your words speak. Woke up this morning grumpy. Read words such as soothing and comfort.

Thank you for letting me see that element of what we are all trying to accomplish. Thank you for opening up my eyes to what I, personally, have been missing in this process.:h :h

Comment

On My Way

Chief: I remember your first post so, so well. It was great to reread it. I'm heading toward 100 AF days & have never felt better physically, emotionally, & spiritually. Even when I sober day is rotten, it's better than a drinking day (hands down)! Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

On My Way

Wow! I never saw Don's earliest postings either. This was the perfect thing for me to read this morning. I have had SUCH a hard time staying AF...drinking nightly. I had a short stint of AF in oct. or nov., cant remember which, but didn't last. I had my FIRST night AF yesterday since then, and I am really feeling good right now. I want to keep it up. Reading this will help me for sure. Don, your committment to this is amazing. And the fact that you have no regrets makes you such a positive force to talk to. So..thank you.

With love,

Beth
          formerly known as bak310

Comment

On My Way

Thanks also! These posts really energize me. Congrats, Chief! As one on day 8AF, I'm doing awesome after way too many years of the binge thing. This website and all the well wishes plus knowing others have been through similar life events is amazing. Best, Erin

Comment

On My Way

THANKS db2,
              for sharing chief story. To know it can be done, if you put your mind to it.
              Its funny i read this in the morning but was getting late for work. I was only going to post a reply on my behalf (support) Thinking that there is 2 chief. Then i realise it was the one and only chief, (now that would of been a laugh on my behalf)

Love
              Teardrop.x
              family is everything to me

Comment

On My Way

Thanks for bringing up this post again, Cindi. I had appeared a week or so ago..I told Chief, at first glance, I thought....OH! No! Chief drank! I was sooooo heartbroken.....then I saw the date.............I was so relieved. So happy that Chief is still AF!

But, having that reaction showed me how passionate I am about sobriety. The emotions that get stirred when I think that somone that has regained their life might possibly be loosing all that positive growth.

Chief......I am so glad that you are here and that you are unafraid to be a bit stern when some of us start loosing ground! You truly want all of us to regain our live's and be free of this horrible demon!

Reading this post has given me more resolve than ever!!

Love,
                KateH
                AF since 12/23/07 !!!!!
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
                X