Looking to learn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to learn

Ive come form another support site ive been on for a few weeks but some people said I wasnt lisening cus I didnt want to go to AA and cus a higher power means nothing to me. Ive changed alot in me over the last year so I think I sould give myself the chance to improve my relationship with alcohol before I declare it has control of me and hand myself over to someone or thing else. True there has been a time when I felt I wasnt coping after I cut myself deeply and caused a disturbance with my problem neighbors. My psychiatrist wouldent admit me!
    So here i am a year later alot more stable but I still have my moments:new:

Looking to learn

Welcome. That other site doesn't sound very supportive if they are having a go at you for 'not listening'. Everyone has their own path in life and AA is not for everyone. I think it's totally acceptable (and impressive) that you want to tackle this yourself and not to surrender to the Higher Power thing. Well done for being open to all options. Let us know how you get on.
    Bean

Comment

Looking to learn

Hi Seaflower & :welcome:

This place is never ever judgemental, you find the way that works best for you which is what is really important ......

Read lots of posts, i'm sure that you will find the help and support that you need here xx
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Looking to learn

Hello Seaflower.
        I think we've all had our moments.
        This is a great place. Very good at listening and talking. There is much to learn from lovely people who will not judge you.
        Welcome.

Comment

Looking to learn

Hi Seaflower, I'm sure Popeye is right: we've definitely all had our moments! When I think back I get shivers up my spine. I think that's the only time I have ever thought about a Higher power - how the hell am I still here?

Anyway, it's nice to have you here and I'd like to wish you good luck on your path.

Raoul

Comment

Looking to learn

:thanks: everyone

Im going to break my next things I want to improve with my counciller on Friday so watch this space

Comment

Working...
            X