Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im scared!!got to do it tho x

hi
    ive made my mind up that ive got to sort my life out,drinking at least ten tins of strongbow a day,gained 3 stone,i dont care about my house,appearance etc etc,upsetting my daughter,i know shes embaressed when her friends are here,i smoke like a trooper when im drinking,im skint all the time...im just already scared of having no drink tonight,what will i do?what if i have panic attacks,and al in the house? sorry for the rant,ive just got to do this,but im anxios already xx
    :upset:

meant no al in the house x

Comment

can i just add,im off work at the mo,and the days are so long

Comment

Hi Bimble:l,

Do whatever you can to take your mind off AL. Take a walk or run...clean....do anything...also look in The Toolbox here....lots of good ideas to think about. The more you think about NOT having AL, the more likely you are to cave. Keep us posted.

Comment

thank you!went for an hours walk it helped,been and bought some tomato juice x

Comment

Hi Bimble! Good to see you again! I am so sorry you're having such a rough time...I know how hard this is. It seems impossible at first, but it isn't! You CAN do this...believe me, if I can, anyone can. I couldn't even imagine going a night, much less a month, without my beloved beer ("beloved" beer that got me 2 DUI's and some jail time...."beloved" my arse!). I know you feel bad for what alcohol is doing to you. It's time to take a stand. You are better than alcohol, do not let it control you anymore. Stay busy the first few nights and I promise it will get easier. And stick CLOSE to us!!! :h
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Go to an AA meeting, if that's an option. That has helped me before. Do youhave friends you can call?? Someone to come sit with you???
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi Bimble,
                Welcome back! Choosing to eliminate AL from your life is a great decision & one that you'll never regret
                If you truly want to quit today then make sure there is no AL in house, dump it & promise yourself you will buy no more!
                Stay close to MWO & jump in the Newbies Nest for a while for more support!

Wishing you the best!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Great advice already given, but I'd like to add one thing....don't let the FEAR of quitting get in the way of your actually doing it. I was so afraid that the sun would fall out of the sky if I didn't drink that if kept me drinking. Truth is, is was DIFFERENT, very different, but it was never BAD like I'd thought. I never shook uncontrollably or babbled in tongues like they do on tv. Keep yourself occupied, bury yourself in the wise words of this site and keep your stomach full....really full! The next thing you know it'll be bed time and you'll have Day 1 behind you!! It's not nearly as bad as we think it's going to be!! We're all right beside you! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Im usually pretty long winded, but Ill try and keep this short.

You should not be afraid of living without AL.....you should be afraid of spending the rest of your life dancing around with it, and the consequences that follow.

Life without AL is a life of freedom and clarity not remotely possible with AL.......believe me
                    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Beautifully said, Nelz. :h

Bimble I agree with mama- I thinks you need some face to face..AA or someone you know even remotely who has stopped or is trying....

Being alone tonight or tomorrow will make it tough but definitely stay close here...and have lots of water with lemon on hand.
                      :l
                      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Well said Nelz. Bimble - gave you tried valerian root? It usually helps me to relax.
                        AF since 10/20/2013
                        Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                        Meat free since 09/20/2008
                        ---------------------------------------
                        With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Hi Bimble. Just wanted to say hi, and offer some support and encouragement. Keep us updated. You can do this.
                          Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Working...
                          X