Here I Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here I Go

I HAVE BEEN DRINKING FOR MANY YEARS. ONLY BEER AND NOT EVERY DAY BUT ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO IT. I HAVE DECIDED TO STOP. I CANNOT HAVE ONE BEER. I AM AMERICAN AND I LIVE IN GERMANY WHERE BEER FLOWS LIKE WATER AND ARE ALWAYS SERVED LARGE. IT IS SLOWING ME DOWN AND I ALWAYS LOSE ONE WHOLE DAY AFTER DRINKING THE NIGHT BEFORE, SOMETIMES TWO DAYS. I AM NERVOUS BUT EXCITED AS I REALLY DO NOT WANT TO DRINK ANYMORE. ADVICE WELCOME. THANK YOU! :new:

Here I Go

Welcome Chrish,
    Glad you found us. I would recommend that you keep reading posts and keep talking. The support here is outstanding. Glad you found us.
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Here I Go

Welcome Chrish. This is a great place to be. Read the book and take the supplements, etc. and read and post here.
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Here I Go

Welcome C~

This is a good place to be. Glad you found us. Welcome!

Comment

Here I Go

Hi Chrish
          Germany sounds quite a hard place to live for anyone who likes their beer! Hope you find the support and advice you are searching for on this site. it's a good place to be. Welcome.
          Bean

Comment

Here I Go

Chrish -- welcome Gemany is a beautiful country I have visited often and yes those beers are quite large! But the sparkling water is abundant too! The hiking is great, the air is clear -- good luck! Isn't the internet awesome?! La Liz

Comment

Here I Go

I love beer too. I was detoxed a few times, and thought I could drink moderately. Not the case with me. This is my first day here.

Comment

Here I Go

Hello Chrish and welcome,
                Keep posting and reading, you will get all the support you need.
                Paula x

Comment

Here I Go

Hi Chrish and welcome,

I've never been to Germany but I have relatives in Belgium and they think nothing of drinking really strong beer early in the morning. I remember swaying down a beautiful little cobbled street in Bruges during my las vist there.

I read another post that I think was from someone in Germany and I think, as they said, beer is seen as a thirst quencher rather than real alcohol.

Alcohol is alcohol and when I drink beer I just increase the volume until I get the desired effect.

Kitty
                  Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                  Confucius

Comment

Here I Go

Chrish- Welcome. You have come to a great place. I wish you well in your journey to deal with your alcohol problem. I know it is often said but try to take it one day at a time. Each day is an accomplishment. use this place as a support. It can really help when you are struggling. Take Care! Aquamarine
                    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                    AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Working...
                    X