Missed you guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missed you guys

So sorry to hear about your situation Dave.
    Don't ever hesitate to come here & just let loose if it helps

You have a whole lot of people here sending you best wishes for continued strength. Be proud of yourself & know you are doing the right thing for yourself & your boys!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Missed you guys

Gambler, with a capital G.
      G for Grateful. So grateful to hear from you. I'm grateful you've taken the high road on this situation. I'm grateful you've been sober through this situation. I'm grateful to know you.
      Thee is nothing worse than a divorce, especially when kids are put in the middle of things. I wish nothing but the best for you and your boys. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Wishing the best for you and your family.

Comment

Missed you guys

G, I know exactly what you are going through and your doing it sober...so soon after being thrown into it... is just...well, it's just the best choice you could ever make. Believe me. :h

Your spouse is practicing something called, 'parental alienation' and the welfare of you and your sons is not even on her priority list despite the statement to the court. It's all about her and whatever hole she needs to fill in herself. That sounds harsh but is more than likely true.

I'm happy to pm you but just wanted to lend my support as well. 60 days is fantastic. A solid base for you to build on.
        Stay close even if it's just reading.
        :l:h
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Missed you guys

Hi Gambler, I'm new and not so new. I read your initial post and I'm really sorry. Has to be so very difficult. You're handling things like a champ. Seriously, this has to be the most emotional ordeal, and you're being so strong. Drinking would make this so much worse, and you're not.

Keeping your emotions bottled up may be what you have to do on one side, but the good thing is that you can vent here. You have to get it out somewhere. Talk to the people you trust, and I see you have lots of people that care for you here. Keep bein' strong.
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Missed you guys

Dave- so proud of you! I missed you

Comment

Missed you guys

So pleased and proud even though your in such a horrible situation. Well done Dave!

Comment

Missed you guys

Thank you all Very very much. :h

j-vo;1581455 wrote: ... and I see you have lots of people that care for you here. Keep bein' strong.
                You know J-vo .. that really hit home. Those that have been here when I flew in know me better than any one else. They know more about me and what and who I am than anyone on the planet..seriously. Your post brought a tear of happiness and relief to my eye and after reading the comments above I see the truth in your words.

You see Im a proud person .. and sometimes its hard for me to put my cheek on someone elses shoulder. Im beginning to realize that letting others such as yourselves help me in my greatest time of need is something that I should let happen. Being a bit more receptive to others compassion and well wishing I think would not only make me feel better..but for those that are offering love and care would feel good about themselves too...and for you to receive the 7 folds of blessings for lifting a spirit up. I hope you all understand what Im trying to say. I should be more humble I guess..

Thank you all for being here for me .. from the heart.

Love you guys
                David
                Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Missed you guys

; )
                  Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Missed you guys

David, this may sound trite but letting us help and share our compassion with you really helps all of us. :l
                    I haven't commented to much on your journey but I am completely impressed and inspired by how you are moving through this struggle. Your boys are lucky to have such a great Dad and we are lucky that you come here and share.
                    Hugs & heart
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Missed you guys

Kradle123;1581865 wrote: David, this may sound trite but letting us help and share our compassion with you really helps all of us. :l
                      I haven't commented to much on your journey but I am completely impressed and inspired by how you are moving through this struggle. Your boys are lucky to have such a great Dad and we are lucky that you come here and share.
                      Hugs & heart
                      Its not Trite at all Kradle.. its spot on.

Im overwhelmed at how generous you all are. .. speechless actually. Took me 10 minutes just to write this .. and its still not clear to me how to say what I feel. I guess thats a good thing :thanks::l:h
                      Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                      AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Missed you guys

You see Im a proud person .. and sometimes its hard for me to put my cheek on someone elses shoulder. Im beginning to realize that letting others such as yourselves help me in my greatest time of need is something that I should let happen. Being a bit more receptive to others compassion and well wishing I think would not only make me feel better..but for those that are offering love and care would feel good about themselves too...and for you to receive the 7 folds of blessings for lifting a spirit up. I hope you all understand what Im trying to say. I should be more humble I guess. - Dave's, Gambler's quote

Amazing how this works, really. The more you give the more you get. I too am starting to realize this.

Comment

Working...
                        X