thrid day shaky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thrid day shaky

It seen when i was drinking the other day i could find my way around here. Now that i not i am not sure if I am in the right place

thrid day shaky

Yep, you're in the right place alright! Welcome. Is this your first time quitting or have you given it a go before?

Comment

thrid day shaky

No. i quite in 2004 for 14 months it was one of the hardest thing i every did hope I can cope better this time

Comment

thrid day shaky

Hi Linwin,

Just wanted to welcome you and send you some support. The third day is when you are physically getting the alcohol out of your system, so some people find it a tougher day than others. But if you hang in there, you'll be rewarded.

Dig out the card you sent yourself, think about your appointment tomorrow and all the good things that will come with this change. I wrote myself a letter too, just before I quit and it's very helpful to read.

Spend some time on here, read the toolbox thread and keep your belly full. When the thoughts start up, just shut them up and do something else instead. You can do it!
        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
        AF 11/12/11

Comment

thrid day shaky

Thanks Willow & Pinecone for the welcome

Comment

thrid day shaky

Pinecone you started 2 years ago of the same date I stated?

Comment

thrid day shaky

Hi Linwin and welcome.
              3rd Day is tough I know but you can do it. Stay here or better go to the Newbies Nest. Lots of supporting, understanding people there. Most in the beginning of the sober journey.
              Please drink a lot of water or tea and make sure to eat. The full belly does help a lot with the cravings. Try to keep busy or even go to bed early tonight. This day shall pass. I promise.

Comment

thrid day shaky

Linwin, did you start on 11/12? If so then yes. I think Kailey and Starfish1 also have that for their quit date. It's pretty popular I guess! If you think about it, it makes great sense to get our AF legs under us just before the holiday season. It truly is a joy to feel the emotions of that season and those holidays. Stick with us today!
                "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                AF 11/12/11

Comment

thrid day shaky

Lin, just wanted to welcome you, and say wtg on 14 mnths, if you did that streach before, I am sure you can do it again! Good luck, I know how hard it is, but as you know it sure does pay off in the end!
                  Kdog
                  Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

thrid day shaky

Linwin - Welcome. I'm so glad you are here. Sorry you aren't feeling well. Hopefully, this time it will be easier because you have us. We'll be here for you. That's a promise. Take care of yourself, okay?
                    Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

thrid day shaky

Pinecone;1584980 wrote: Linwin, did you start on 11/12? If so then yes. I think Kailey and Starfish1 also have that for their quit date. It's pretty popular I guess! If you think about it, it makes great sense to get our AF legs under us just before the holiday season. It truly is a joy to feel the emotions of that season and those holidays. Stick with us today!
                      Wow! That's inspirational. As silly as it sounds a couple of times when I have wavered in the last few days I've been able to talk myself out of drinking because I'm sort of attached already to my 11/12/13 quit date!

I've read a lot of your posts, Pinecone, and have admired you. I would be very happy to follow in your shoes!

Linwin, a warm welcome to you. Stick around. This site is addictive...in a good way!
                      You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

thrid day shaky

Linwin - big hugs to you - and welcome. After third day it should be better I hope post often here we here to help.
                        AF since 10/20/2013
                        Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                        Meat free since 09/20/2008
                        ---------------------------------------
                        With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

thrid day shaky

Welcome, Linwin. I hope you're feeling better and on to day 4. Visit the Newbies Nest thread for a lot of action from us newbies, and read, read, read (especially the toolbox).

Comment

thrid day shaky

How are you linwin?
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X