My 30 Day Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 30 Day Story

So?.. Day 30 had arrived. I just cannot believe it. I feel SUPER. I remember on my 3rd AF day reading posts of people with 30 and I envied the feeling. Honestly, I did not believe it could happen to me. I was very skeptical about myself.

I guess we truly don?t know how strong we are, until we do.

So, for those who are right behind me or those who are on Day 1 and want to know what happened.

For the past 30 days I didn?t have (nor experience) any:

Alcohol
    Hangovers
    Blackouts
    Feelings of remorse, self loath, looseness, sadness, despair, disappointment, craziness,
    Bad taste in my mouth and throat
    Pass out on the bed
    Missing work days
    Food binges
    Drunken drama
    Runs to the liquor store while already drunk

How I did it:

The decision to quit is the EASIEST. The quitting is the tricky part. I did not set any goals. Not even a 7 day goal. I was too scared to set it. The only goal I had was JUST TODAY.
    I made sure to have a plan for today that did not involve drinking (man you have so much free time on your hands so a plan for this time is crucial). It doesn?t really matter what the plan is as long as you have it. Especially for the witching hours. First few days were tough so I ate more than I should but the food really helps with the cravings (so much harder to drink, or think about it with a full stomach) Normally, I would hardly eat during the day then come home, drunk myself silly and binge on junk food I purchased right after I bought the bottle ?planning ahead? right?

I didn?t care about the extra weight I will be gaining. I placed my QUIT as my first and
    only current life priority
    . And sure enough, it worked.
    When I was down a bit, feeling crazy cravings, I ate.

Then after 7-8 days it?s gets much easier. Food consumption reduces significantly. Hey I?m actually on a shake/juice diet now. Lots of energy comes with juicing.

Another crucial part of the plan and I know it sucks was not going out on the weekends (at least the first 2 weekends). This is when we are really fragile and the triggers are too hard to deal with. I stayed home, made sure I had great movies, books, games you name it. The only thing I thought about was? I AM NOT DRINKING TODAY?.

Cravings for Alcohol are a daily mind battle. It?s a thought. We create our thoughts. We control them. We have the power to void them. When it pops in mind, I struggle with it. I fight tough and I win. When you understand that you brought LIFE to this thought, you understand that you can also bring DEATH to it.

Major, major factor to keep my QUIT was and still is MWO.
    You guys. I read and read and read every day a few times a day. Spent about 2-4 hours every day on the site. I posted when I felt the need which wasn?t very often. That?s me in real life as well. I am more of a listener than a talker. (Guess the length of this post makes up for not posting

So what now? I will be celebrating today with a huge glass of Jack on the rocks?
    Not. ..Just kidding?
    I will not drink today and I still won?t set a goal (normally the 60 day for lots of people)
    My only goal is today. JUST FOR TODAY. I?m good with it.

I would like to thank all of you for being a part of MWO. Whether on day 1 or 365, you are all awesome and very dear to me.

I was the one not picking up the drink but you were the ones helping rationalize that act with your tremendous support. So I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.:h

My 30 Day Story

Great post. ! :h NS

P.S. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Comment

My 30 Day Story

" (so much harder to drink, or think about it with a full stomach)" So true so true!

Glad you are juicing! It does increase your energy... it can also become a way of life.

You are an inspiration!

RETRAIN THE BRAIN!

Comment

My 30 Day Story

Luckyflower, Congratulations to you and thank you for your inspirational post! You're doing fantastic. I liked what you said, "we brought the thought to life, we can bring it to DEATH! So many other good tools you used. Thank you!
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

My 30 Day Story

Luckyflower;1585335 wrote: So what now? I will be celebrating today with a huge glass of Jack on the rocks?
          Not. ..Just kidding?
          Ok, that made me laugh out loud. Nice to see you have a good sense of humor about everything. Good job on 30 days!
          11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

My 30 Day Story

Wonderful job luckyflower,you sound amazing keep it up
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X