Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another newbie

Hey all

Been snooping and reading loads off the forum for a long time now, on and off. Finally conjured up courage to join.

I already know I have an alcohol problem - the problem has been there since I was a young teenager - I'm 37 now. God knows how it ended up like this.

I'm pretty scared for my well being now as its getting out of control. I stopped for 6 months before....thought i could take or leave it, started again - boom! depths of hell!

I'm at that stage where I'm at my wits end, full of anger and shame.

How the hell is this stuff allowed to be marketed and bought legally - it's poison :-(

Another newbie

Iona, i hate AL too...for what its done to me and all my friends here. I would suggest you visit 2 places on this site: The Tool Box is full of 7 years of tips and coping skills to help you .....then check out the Newbies nest. Both links are below. You've come to the right place if you are ready to get this demon out of your life!! We are so glad you're here! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Another newbie

Hi Iona glad you finally got the courage to join,its a great place to be lots of info on getting sober glad you joined us,welcome
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another newbie

Hi, Iona:

I am new here, too, and just took the plunge of writing after "lurking" for a long time. It feels good to finally commit, right? I have to echo what Byrdie said - I have found great support in the Newbies Nest and the tool box. Start with page 31 in the tool box - it is Byrdie's information about how to formulate and stick to a plan to keep alcohol out of your life. Hope you're having a great, sober Friday night.

Comment

Another newbie

welcome Iona! So glad you found this wonderful site. Keep reading! And there's a newbie's nest. Check it out. Lots of supports there. We are in the same boat. We won't sink together.
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Another newbie

Welcome Iona...this is a good place...I lurk lots then get brave then lurk ...over and over : ))...all good advice given already....I would only add read read read read....it helps xx
            ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

Another newbie

Hi Iona, Queenbug said it very well, this is a good place. I have found it to be full of positive people who are seizing the day and taking their lives back. This site will give you TOOLS and SUPPORT that are crucial for your quit. You can be yourself here while you are on the path towards getting well. I'm sure you remember how at peace you felt during those sixth months, and you can have it again for as long as you want. We're pulling for you! :welcome:
              "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
              AF 11/12/11

Comment

Working...
              X