new to MWO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to MWO

hi i just joined this group. my goal is to stop drinking comepletely. i do not drink everyday but when i drink i drink too much and can become nasty and say nasty things, fight with my boyfriend etc. my boyfriend wants me to stop drinking because of the problems it has caused in our relationship. i love him very much and i want to prove to him i can do this and myself as well. so any advice is welcomed. i would seek therapy but i am not sure that it is available where i live (3rd world country) but i do think that therapy would help me.

new to MWO

Welcome and congrats on making the decision to quit. You don't need alcohol partic if it makes yiu nasty. I'm sure there must be some counselling in the country you are in. Might even be aa. Keep close to this site I find it helps a lot.
    Drink free since 18 August 2013:h

Comment

new to MWO

Hello! You're like me - I don't drink every day but when I do, man I really do! 2 bottles of wine in one go. I don't really get nasty now but I used to get quite argumentative/emotional with DH and get into some right states. Actually even up until recently I was getting into states and DH would have to sort me out. Anyway, he hates alcohol, even quit drinking himself a couple of years ago because he hated what it was doing to me.

I recently stopped and was doing really well until Day 11 and then caved to the cravings. So now back on Day 4. Make a plan on what to do when the cravings hit (and they will at some point) and how to handle your triggers. Come over to the Newbies Nest - lots of people there at varying different stages - some people just starting out, others have been sober for years. Hope to see you there.

Comment

Working...
      X