X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudzu - side effects?

Hi

Day 3 and AF

Does anyone know if kudzu has any side effects? I got mine from the health shop and take 2 tabs a day of 500 mg. Noticed urine is yellow and ive lost my appetite somewhat. Also i feel rather calm at the moment though i have had a tough 2 days if u look at my tough day post from yesterday.

Im also taking Korean Ginseng 1 tab 3 times a day 500mg so maybe its them? Any other supplements recommended that i can buy from health food store and also what are the benefits of these? I am willing to try anything and everything.

Thanks all

Lots of love x

Kudzu - side effects?

Hi Juney, I'm on day 3 of taking Kudzu (500mg x2 daily from Holland & Barrett). I haven't had any side effects though. I'm also taking L-Glutamine 500mg (1tablet daily) again from H & B (also helps with cravings), Milk Thistle (175mg 1 capsule 3 x daily) which is meant to help the liver recover. Not as strong a craving tonight as I did last night but I think we have to be prepared for good and bad days. If anyone has any other suggestions re vits/supps which are helping please let me know. Good luck Juney!
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Kudzu - side effects?

Are you taking any multi vitamins my urine became very yellow and I found out it was the riboflavin B vitamin in the multivitamin.

Comment

Kudzu - side effects?

I have been taking kudzo for some time now and have not noticed any adverse
        side affects,it helps with my cravings and makes me feel calmer, which is positive.
        Ginseng I don't know much about, I did read somewhere that if you have high
        blood pressure you should take care.You could ask your doctor, or if you are in
        the UK ring NHS direct. Lots of medications change the colour of urine, as do some
        foods, this is not usually a problem. But do seek medical advice if you are concerned.
        Paula.

Comment

Kudzu - side effects?

Juney, although I normally shy away from conversations about urine, I'll throw my two cents into this one.

Assuming that it is a bright yellow, then most likely it is the supplements and/or vitamins that you are taking. However, if it is a dark and/or cloudy yellow color, that would indicate that you are probably dehydrated. Dehydration is especially bad to have for us drinkers, as drinking lots of water helps flush the toxins out of our system.
          Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Kudzu - side effects?

thanks for all the advice. i think dehydration may be to blame as i only have one tea and one coffee before lunch but as for the kudzu i have to say i do feel most relaxed and calm a few hours after taking it and no cravings either. as for l glut and milk thistle i will try these also.

Comment

Kudzu - side effects?

If kudzu could hurt you I would be hurt. :nutso: At one time I was taking two at a time 4-6 times a day. That was before I had my topa and I was trying to get sober. I don?t think that is the problem. The vitamin B will definitely make your urine bright yellow. I don?t think you can be harmed by taking too much (ok don?t go nuts and take loads) B vitamin but your body will flush out the B it can?t absorb and it is bright yellow. If you have been on a binge lately and drank a lot of booze you very well may be dehydrated. :yukko: My advice for anyone after going on a binge is to get some Pedialite and drink a couple of bottles. It will hydrate your body. I swear it is the best hangover remedy I have ever had. Try to stay with the program as it is set up and you will be fine. I know every one makes a few personal changes, but the program is set up the way it is for a reason --- it works :thumbs: .

You can do this., take it easy and let the program work for you.

God Bless
              Bear
              What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
              ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Working...
              X