Proud to say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proud to say

The last couple of weeks have been awful, coming home from very long days at work, working at home on the computer whilst drinking, the next day getting up at the crack of dawn, going to work, coming home, working some more and drinking whilst working.

But............. am proud to say, yesterday (Saturday) was a completely sober day. I hardly slept at all, literally about 2 hours, but the withdrawals weren't too bad, little twitches, muscle aches, flueish like feelings. I have got alcohol in the house as before I have had terrible withdrawals. It is there as a backup, if I am ok tonight I will throw/give wine away tomorrow.

I read on here every day and it helps. I have a plan. I am going to try to get a different job, if I can't I must work less at home as I am drinking on resentment on the hours that I work at home.

Thanks to all who post on here. xxx
    New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Proud to say

Great Diamond... you should be proud!!
    Keep Going! I'm also back to the chain gang and it feels good already!

x
    Patrice

Comment

Proud to say

DD can you pitch the AL in the house and commit to not drinking tonight? Eat as much as you want and stock up on your favourite AF drinks? Waking up tomorrow with that same feeling of accomplishment will be terrific!
      Newbies Nest
      Toolbox
      My accountability thread

Comment

Proud to say

DD - so glad to see you here. I think finding a different job is a great idea. Your job requires way too many hours, and sounds like it really stresses you out. It's a good plan. Nice to hear from you.

edit: I agree with 3June. Getting the AL out of the house would be another good idea.
        Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Proud to say

DD,
          You're at the point where you know you need to quit the madness. That's the first step. Hopefully you can drink lots of water with lemon, eat, and maybe take a walk. I don't know about your job, or if it's possible for you to find something different, but if there are other opportunities for you, please consider them. Good for you for taking that first step!
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Proud to say

DD - great start - congratulations on this achievement. I would like to recommend valerian root - you can buy it in the pharmacy and it us totally natural - this can help you to relax and may be sleep a little better.
            AF since 10/20/2013
            Smoke free since 09/24/2007
            Meat free since 09/20/2008
            ---------------------------------------
            With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Proud to say

I'm happy to see you back here, DD!:l

Comment

Working...
              X