Struggling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struggling

DD - good on you getting help and eating well.

You will get out of this rut and feel great soon. Keep it up, and use us :lilangel:

Comment

Struggling

Darkest Diamond;1590309 wrote: Have got some help from doctor now and eaten so feel better.
      Good news, DD!!! Stay close, will you, please? Are you drinking lots of water too, apart from eating?

:l:l:l:l:l:l
      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Struggling

Update

Just a little update, since January I have been struggling to come off the booze, at certain points managed one, two or even three weeks. (with counselling, AA, and my own strategies and of course this forum)

On some occasions I needed diazepam to come off alcohol, not always.
        On Saturday I had no alcohol. Sunday one bottle of wine, two bottles of champagne, Monday immense despair, no alcohol, saw doctor, getting more counselling lined up.

Last night ate well and I slept deeply, today the sun is shining brightly, I feel so much better. I am determined to sort this out. (the doctor did not prescribe diazepam, I hope I am not going to have any horrendous withdrawal).

One thing I have noticed over the years is that my alcoholism has progressed , even when I was off it (many years ago) for over three years when I started again the amounts gradually built up and up. Not only that but the speed, I would guzzle and gulp, faster than ever (no way did I sip!!)

All alcohol is poison for me, not only physically does it wreck me but I have terrible emotional hangovers. When I drink all I take care of is my job, always work hard, and then the evening drinking. I neglect myself, I do not exercise or eat or sleep properly. I get consumed by negative emotions, also I don't read. When I am sober I eat, sleep well, read voraciously, see friends, learn new things, notice changes in nature........life opens up.

Thanks to all for care and help, I hope this message helps someone.

DD xx
        New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Struggling

How is today treating you DD? Thinking of you and hoping you feel better :l
          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Struggling

Hi BH think our posts crossed, as you can see from above message feeling good today!
            New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Struggling

Hi DD! I am SO GLAD you are feeling better today! The difference between going to bed and passing out is huge. I never remembered actually making it to bed. Now I take care of my skin, brush my teeth (imagine that!), put on fresh jammies, read a book....I remember everything I did prior to turning the light out. I do not miss the bad old days of waking up with cotton in my mouth and struggling to remember what I'd done the night before. Keep all of this in mind, and you will find it easier to stay off the poison. Now I read, read, read and watch Netflix on my iPad in bed....the little things make me really happy these days.

Stay strong, you'll get past the rough spots, and don't forget, we are here for you!
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
              X