• Show
Clear All

New here, Hi all!

Hi Lunapro.
    This is a great place. Stay a while.

Comment

New here, Hi all!

Lunapro:
      You asked what kind of person would hide bottles....most of here, that's who!!!! I am glad you found us. I think you will like the book and I'm glad you have ordered it. Keep reading and posting.
      Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

New here, Hi all!

This is a good place to be. Embrace it fully. It will be well worth it. You'll be surprised how many friends you have here,me included, Welcome
        Smiles
        Mary

Comment

New here, Hi all!

Thank you all for the kind words and the welcome. It feels so good to be understood and not judged, to have so may people reach out. I AM fed up, and it's finally given me the impetus to do something. I feel very lucky to have stumbled across this site, it makes so much sense to me. And the support of others that are struggling with the same thing, the encouragement - this is something I was needing without even realizing it. I can't wait, however to get the book and the tapes. The supplements, too.

Day two, drawing to a close!

Thank you again.

*hugs all around*

Comment

New here, Hi all!

first time

hi everyone, just found this website. I really am struggling at the moment to try and moderate/stop drinking, ive been drinking heavily for five years since my dad died, then just carried on drinking to deal with everything. I feel alot stronger in my mind these days after having had a breakdown and suffering from anxiety for years. I now need to never get drunk again as it is causing so much heartache in my family. My husband cannot tolerate it any more and my two beautiful girls are just fed up of it. I tend to get drunk between 2 and 3 times a week, in an evening before my husband gets home and have done that for the past five years, i know i drink for the wrong reasons and i also am doing everything like exercise,meditation,college etc to try and turn my life around, i just cant seem to jump this final hurdle to sort out my drink problem. ive tried aa but do not want to go back there as calling myself an alcoholic at every meeting just made me feel really bad about myself. i know i can do this just need some support froim somewhere would love to hear from someone who had similar kind of binge drink problem as me i drink about 11 units when i drink. am 45 feel 85 today:h :new: :h :new:
            thanks

Comment

New here, Hi all!

Hi garden girl, you've come to the right place. Keep your chin up, and take one day at a time. Just keep coming on this site, thats what I'm doing. Found it last week when I was feeling pretty desperate and can't believe what a difference its made to me. It's knowing everyone is going through or has gone through the same as you - everyone understands what your saying that's the difference and everyone is so supportive. I was drinking at least a litre of wine a day and what was scary was that I was hiding it too. Read the book (i got it off amazon and it came really quickly), get yourself on the vitamins and supplements and I don't know if you need or want the medication, that is your decision. I'm just going with the vits, supplements and I've just ordered the cds but its coming on here when times are hard that is the most help. This is Day 5 for me and I've got a feeling I'll be on here a lot over the weekend as that is going to be so hard not having a drink when hubby is sitting with his white wine!!! Also don't know if you're a gardener - think you are with that name! - me too - and its funny when I've been in the garden, coming in I convince myself I deserve my drink after working so hard!! Thats going to be hard over the weekend too. But we CAN do this! Good luck, and I'll look out for you (why not try the newbies thread in starting out - we are all aiming for 30 days AF). Janice
              AF since 9 May 2012
              Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

New here, Hi all!

Luna: I too have hidden bottles etc. This site hasn't gotten me AF yet, but I feel more hope than I've felt in years. Stay on here. Nobody judges if you have a slip or 2 (or 3). I sure have. I keep track of my drinking on drink tracker. That's been helpful as well. Good luck.
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

New here, Hi all!

Lunapro, welcome aboard.

As the others have said. Be sure to login her daily for support. I have been spending a few hours here every day ever since I found MWO.

I highly recommend the CD's. The strater 4 pack and the social CD are the ones I'd go for. They really do help a lot! As RJ says in the book, a bit of exercise a few times a week... even if it's just a walk in the park.

2 days AF is great... it really is. We can all relate!

I have found myself trying different things and slowly I'm getting better and better. Personally I have made huge changes in my life and it's all down to my self-will, along with the support of this MWO site.

*hug*
                  Scooby (in Sydney)
                  :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

New here, Hi all!

Hi Garden Girl and welcome. I can certainly relate to much of what you said, especially exercise, meditation, college, hating calling myself an alcoholic at AA, and drinking after death of father. wow. It's easy to think sometimes we can handle the drinking, too, because we do so much in our lives. Glad you're here. Keep coming back.
                    "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

New here, Hi all!

Welcome garden girl. It's a great place to be here, it is the only time that I have really felt that I can conquer this demon. I am trying to do 30 days alcohol free and then afterwards I would like to moderate. Actually, I would just like to control alcohol instead of alcohol controlling me. Why not join us on the daily newbies in need thread, we are all trying to help each other on a daily basis. Keep each other motivated. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X