MUSIC THAT HELPS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MUSIC THAT HELPS!!

HI EVERYONE, I HAVE BEEN READING THE FORUMS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER POSTED. I HAVE BEEN SOBER FOR 11 MONTHS AFTER BEING A GIN AND KOOLAID ADDICT FOR OVER 14 YEARS. MY HUSBAND FINALLY LEFT ME AND THIS WAS THE TURNING POINT FOR ME. LIKE ALL OF YOU, I FOUND WHAT WORKED FOR ME AND NOW TAKE IT DAY TO DAY AND LOVE MY LIFE MORE THAN EVER. WITHOUT SOUNDING LIKE A LATE NIGHT INFO-MERCIAL I WANT TO RECCOMEND SOME MUSIC THAT REALLY HELPS ME. I GOT A CD CALLED "HUNKER DOWN" FOR MY BIRTHDAY LAST YEAR FROM A SINGER CALLED "MODERN EARL" I LET IT LIE AROUND FOR A WHILE BUT FINALLY LISTENED TO IT AND REALIZED THIS ARTIST MUST HAVE BEEN THRU OUR SITUATION AT ONE POINT BECAUSE I REALLY IDENTIFIED WITH THE WHOLE RECORD. IT WAS ALMOST LIKE WATCHING A MOVIE, WITHOUT THE PICTURE, OF SOMEBODYS LIFE MOVING OUT OF CONTROL AND THEN GETTING AHOLD OF IT AND TRANSFORMING INTO AN HONEST PERSON. ALL THE WHILE IT IS JUST HILARIOUS YET GRIPPINGLY HONESTAND NOT AT ALL PATRONIZING. IT SOUNDS A BIT COUNTRY, A BIT ROCK, NEITHER OF WHICH I AM A BIG FAN OF BUT SOMETING ABOUT THIS MAKES ME REAL HAPPY AND THAT IS WHY I WANTED TO SHARE IT WITH YOU ALL. I AM NOT SURE WHERE SHE GOT THE RECORD BUT IF YOU DO A GOOGLE SEARCH YOU CAN FIND IT AND LISTEN I THINK. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. ANYWAY, I WISH ALL OF US CONTINUED LUCK AND STRENGTH EVERYDAY!!
    GOD BLESS!!

MUSIC THAT HELPS!!

welcome Movin' and a huge congrads on 11months! thanks also for the music tip...interesting how music can be so mentally graphic sometimes.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

MUSIC THAT HELPS!!

Hi Movin'onup,

:welcome:

I will have a quick search for that- anything that helps I am grateful for. I kept this to myself for so long that I am so pleased to have found everyone - I think we all used to feel like the 'only' one with a problem
      Angellina -x-

Just believe - that's all you have to do

:lilangel:

Comment

MUSIC THAT HELPS!!

Music is such therapy for me, especially if I am feeling down. Thanks for the tip. I will look for it. And huge congratulations on 11 months! That is big stuff....
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

MUSIC THAT HELPS!!

Welcome Movin' and congrats for the 11 months. And thanks so much for the music tip.

I'm also a great believer in music therapy - I use it every day, as life in a city like Hanoi can really get on your nerves. People everywhere, no traffic system and people horning non-stop 24 hours a day. That's when I just sit back in the back of a taxi with my i-pod and let the driver deal with the brunt of the stress, grin ... and do my therapy )

By the way, my musical tip for de-stress is a musician called NOA. She's Jewish and has an absolutely beautiful voice. Another great musician Cheb Mami (who actually sang in duet with Sting). He's Arabic and his Arabic albums are great for de-stress, too.
          Paddy
          Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

MUSIC THAT HELPS!!

Welcome Movin,
            Great job on 11 month's. I will look for Modern Earl, and I look forward to more posts from you.

Paddy, I love that ( May the 4th be with you ) to funny !

kitkat
            AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
            Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

Working...
            X