Hi friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi friends

my sister was with me today at the doc's NS. Part of what is killing me is putting them through all this again.
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Hi friends

broken halo;1594157 wrote: thanks Softy. It's just hard to have this label now. I actually have been sat down and told that I have a mental illness. Most people who know me rate me as a very intelligent woman. How can this be?
      BH.

Mental health issues do not discriminate. Many brilliant and creative people have done, and are right now living with, and successfully managing a mental health issue. People go on to live full, meaningful lives once they understand what is happening and treatment is sought.

A lot like us problem drinkers.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi friends

one good thing that came out of this is I didn't want to drink. I couldn't drink. Physically lifting a glass would have killed me off. I might be depressed but I'm not mental :H
        Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Hi friends

I really appreciate everything you guys had to say. Thank you

Comment

Hi friends

BH the meds will help if you are prepared to take them. It may take awhile to get onto the right ones though but make sure your dr is involved. I am like you I dont eat or sleep and my mind races around. I found hypnosis cd's work for the racing mind and i went and seen a psychologist also. I like you get up and everything is fine, its a game of pretend until you dont and cant pretend anymore.

Big hugs BH you are winning with AL and i remember when you were at your lowest, this is another challenge that you will overcome.
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi friends

HI BH,
              Just like so many others, my depression started in my late 20's, couldn't eat, couldn't drink, couldn't do anything. The worst depression was back then, and I lost 10 lbs. quickly. The meds helped me so much! I can't tell you how much better I felt. We didn't get it right (the dosage nor the type of medicine) but once we did, I felt like a new person. Hang in there, work closely with your doc, monitor how you feel daily. The anti-depressants take 2-6 weeks to get completely in your system, so it's a slow process. PM me if you have any questions. I've taken just about every anti-depressant on the market, but have found the right one. Everyone is different.
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hi friends

j-vo;1594179 wrote: HI BH,
                Just like so many others, my depression started in my late 20's, couldn't eat, couldn't drink, couldn't do anything. The worst depression was back then, and I lost 10 lbs. quickly. The meds helped me so much! I can't tell you how much better I felt. We didn't get it right (the dosage nor the type of medicine) but once we did, I felt like a new person. Hang in there, work closely with your doc, monitor how you feel daily. The anti-depressants take 2-6 weeks to get completely in your system, so it's a slow process. PM me if you have any questions. I've taken just about every anti-depressant on the market, but have found the right one. Everyone is different.
                Spot on from my experience J-vo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi friends

We're glad you shared this with us....we have bared our souls here to each other and found acceptance. This is no different. We are all right beside you....if there's anything we can do to help, all you have to do is ask. Hugs dear lady, Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi friends

I am 54 years old and have never taken a pill in my life. Now my doctor tells me I have to take pills to stimulate my appetite and other pills to make me feel normal, not happy or good, just to function. he is also referring me to a high profile psych unit here. I don't mean to sound dramatic, but just not waking up in the morning sounds so much easier right now.

Comment

Hi friends

Broken Halo!

I was just asking about you in the nest yesterday. I am so relieved to hear from you and to hear that you're getting help. Mental illness is, as Softy says, just an illness, and the relief is that now you have named it you can get help. I'm sort of in a state myself just now (although mine is AL induced), but I know those strong folks who posted above will help you (and me). I'm glad you're back - you helped me a lot the last time I was here (a short two weeks ago). Hugs.

Comment

Hi friends

BH - Is there someone with you right now? If not, can you call someone??

Comment

Hi friends

Pavati, great points!
                          I've had depression, Alcoholism AND gastroenteritis and I'm STILL HERE!!! Hang in there like the little kitty in your avatar. Thinking of you....B
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi friends

there are people who would be here, if only I'd let them. But I can't

Comment

Hi friends

broken halo;1594188 wrote: I am 54 years old and have never taken a pill in my life. Now my doctor tells me I have to take pills to stimulate my appetite and other pills to make me feel normal, not happy or good, just to function. he is also referring me to a high profile psych unit here. I don't mean to sound dramatic, but just not waking up in the morning sounds so much easier right now.
                              Hedgy:l
                              Take the help of your doctor ... and go from there. Taking pills does not make you weak - they are a tool to set you on the right road and make you feel well and 'happy' ( wanting to get up is a start ? ) again.
                              When do you start on them ?

Comment

Hi friends

Good your still here, first here's a phone line you can call. Believe me I have rung them more times than I can remember. They care.

Contact us | Samaritans

Now then, me darling. I have lived with depression for years. I now take a small dose of fluoxetine. I have not by any means been turned into a pill taking zombie these tablets help me to lead a normal life ...........or as near normal as anyone's life is these days.

No way, no how am I ashamed that I have mental illness. It is part of who I am. The way I see it is my brain is broken and it needs help healing. Just as I wouldn't be ashamed of breaking my leg.

And yes I do understand the not wanting to wake up in the morning....I would never have actively done anything to harm myself but I just wanted to go to sleep and never wake up. Just so I wasn't a bother to anyone any more.

With careful counselling, a course of anti-depressants and no alcohol it will get better. Not tomorrow or even next week but in time.

Whether I stay on the tablets for the rest of my life it's something I discuss with my doctor. We work together.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X