Hi friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi friends

Now I'm not trying to be dramatic, but are you safe?

Comment

Hi friends

Bhalo - please don't feel ashamed. So many of us here struggle with depression and anxiety. I'm just glad that you reached out for help. You are a wonderful person who doesn't deserve to live this way. And you don't need to. There are meds that can help. And you may only need to take them for a short time. One step at time, right? Please try to be as kind to yourself now as you always are to others. And I know it doesn't sound appealing at the moment, but maybe letting those closest to you help may be a very good thing. Just think about it, okay? Sending huge hugs and lots of love. Will check in often to see how you are doing. xx
      Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Hi friends

Well done bhalo. You've shown great courage to tell us all. I think most people struggle a bit and from time to time I'd say we have all had some form of feeling down. I think alcohol and depression are very much linked. Don't feel ashamed feel proud. You're very brave to admit this. It's shows your strength. You're stronger than yiu know. I think by doing this you are setting yourself free to accept yourself for who you are warts and all. For the record I suffered from bad anxiety for a while. It still lurks but I manage it. I think we all worry too much about labels alcoholic depressive. You know what we don't have to have those labels or use them if we don't like how they make us feel. I prefer problem drinker to alcoholic but that's just me. Don't label yourself with depression if you don't want that label and it has a negative connotation. Call it the blues. Many many famous artists and singers have the blues. It's that sadness that gives them inspiration. Be good to yourself. Do not drink tho. Alcohol is just the worst thing for depression. You know that. Anyway well done. Feel proud of yourself. I think this is a good thing a sign of progress that you are being so open. X
        Drink free since 18 August 2013:h

Comment

Hi friends

BH, I can really empathize with how you feel about your doctor's pronouncements. After all they get to tell you how it is going to be, and we usually accept it as is. But there are loads of people who take a lot of initiative in managing their issues, and basically demand to have things their own way. I think you may have more control over this than it appears at the moment. Doctors don't know everything, they just try treatments that have worked in the past for some people. I don't think it is as final as it sounds. Please take very good care of yourself tonight, just like we do in the early stages of our quits. I hope you can sleep well tonight, and see you tomorrow.
          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Hi friends

thank you everyone. I'm not going to lie and say I feel magically better, I don't. But I do get that I am not the only person in the world to ever feel like this. I did the deep breathing and I also called that number JC. I'll start taking the pills today. The guy from the Samaritans put it simply for me. If I was diabetic and ha d to take pills for it, I would, wouldn't I? The stigma, the shame wouldn't come into it. I still feel like crap, but I am taking everything on this thread on board, and I appreciate every comment. I'm so sorry for being such a downer on everyone, this is not who I normally am. But I guess my 'normality' wasn't my reality, and I have to come to terms with that and deal with it.
            Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Hi friends

Glad you are feeling a bit better BH, takes a few weeks but the days get better and one day you will just feel ok or a bit more than ok. I hate that tag of "mental illness", i have that on my file and i'm like "no im bloody depressed" i'm not mental but what is mental. So many categories we are put under but you are on the right path and the guy from samaritans is totally correct in what he said, even i did not think of it that way.
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi friends

Thanks Av, I still can't bring myself to look at those pills yet, but I will. It's kind of nice not to be mental alone xxx
                Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Hi friends

Just pop one it wont hurt. I just have a problem remembering to take mine daily. My son who is a recovering ICE addict has now gone on AD's, he was so adamant he was ok but his counsellor said to give them a try and he is more settled in himself now as i am so its a happy house, a very happy house lol.

I'm sure there are a lot of us mental ones around. I tell people at work i suffer from anxiety and depression and they just give me a look as if to say "why tell us" and i'm like why not, i have nothing to hide in that regard, now i would not say that about being a alcoholic. Even mental illness is more accepted than an alcoholic.

Comment

Hi friends

Take the blooming pill..................or.................or....... ...........I might get a bit cross.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi friends

Okay okay, Im taking it! Can't have JC getting cross! :H

Comment

Hi friends

Sertarline, anyone had these before?

Comment

Hi friends

That is what my son is on BH, he had the yawns for a few days he said. Funny! and he felt a bit nauseous but he is all good now. I am a long time user of Zoloft, sticking with the one that works for me.

Comment

Hi friends

I googled it Av, it is Zoloft. I am confused and a big bit scared. Pills terrify me

Comment

Hi friends

broken halo;1594412 wrote: I googled it Av, it is Zoloft. I am confused and a big bit scared. Pills terrify me
                              Guess where I've been..........yep google.

First thing .......stop googling.

Second thing is there will be a few side effects but there again if there were none we'd worry that they weren't working.

I've just boring auld fluoxetine. There was a bit of nausea, a bit of sleeplessness and oh something else...............can't lay me finger on that one for a minute.

Oh yes forgetfulness.

For the first couple of weeks I treated myself like I was proper poorly. Nice food, feet up, bit of mindless TV.

And if and this is a big IF you feel anything is way out of kilter get on to the Dr or practice nurse ASAP. You know your own body better than anyone.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi friends

im scared Jackie

Comment

Working...
                                X