new to this forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to this forum

Just new. Hello to everyone! I had a drinking problem, went to aa, walked the walk and talked the talk but after 2 years again I have started drinking again and I'm OK. I drink n a completely different way from before I went to aa but still would like some support with my moderation goals. I know I drink more than I should but do not believe that abstinence is the only way. I would like to drink better tho as I do find it very moreish xx

new to this forum

Hello SG
    welcome aboard, there's threads here on moderating. You may want to look in on them. There are some here that do moderation, I'm not one of them, but no judgement on my part, I just know I can't. I do believe that we all know deep inside what is best for each of us individually.
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

new to this forum

Scottish girl,
      There's a long-term moderators thread below. Lots of supportive people there, although I know I can't be one of them. Took me a long time to figure it out, but at least I did. I also went to AA, and had a not so good experience with it. Sam's right. You have to find what works for you, but this site is wonderful and supportive. Good luck!
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

new to this forum

Hi, SG, and welcome. You will find a lot of support here, whatever route you take with AL.

Comment

new to this forum

Hello, Scottishgirl!
          I would like to personally welcome you to the Long Term Moderators board. We have a great group of people down there, all of whom will understand and support you in your journey. We all talk each other through our moderation goals. Come on down and jump in!

Comment

Working...
          X