Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2 - Success!

What a day!
    -Woke up NOT hungover for the first time in YEARS!
    -Went to yoga and didn't feel like throwing up!
    -Did NOT carb-load to balance my blood sugar!
    -Picked up my kid from school without having to hold my breath!
    -Actually tasted a delicious dinner!
    -Am now enjoying my kid decorating the Christmas tree - and I see only one of her!

I'm turning my sober self in for the night. I'll continue reading Augusten Burroughs' "Dry" - very inspirational! I'll sneak back up in a few hours to play St.Nick and fill my kid's shoe with goodies. I'm so glad that tomorrow I'll get to enjoy her surprised and joyous face without having a splitting headache.

Life's great today! I'll check back tomorrow!

FiveClover

Day 2 - Success!

"Dry" is an excellent book. He's a great author. If you need any other inspirational books, let me know. I've got lots! And congrats to you Fiveclover.
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Day 2 - Success!

Excellent feeling, Clover. I read your story on your previous post. Doesn't it feel great to have made a decision for YOU? And your daughter must be thrilled to have your sober self around, too.

Comment

Day 2 - Success!

Congrats, and wayyyyyyyy to go. Here's your first star, you earn the next one at 7 days

Attached files [img]/converted_files/2229307=7268-attachment.jpg[/img]
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Day 2 - Success!

Well done you!

:goodjob:
          AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Day 2 - Success!

Well done!!!! Great list!

I'm always interested in reading helpful books, j-vo, so would love to hear your recommendations.

Comment

Day 2 - Success!

what a lovely post clover. be proud of yourself. keep it up.you could feel like this every day
              Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
              Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Day 2 - Success!

well done clover. I came on today feeling a bit cheesed off so reading posts like yours is a real pick me up keep up the good work.
                AF Since 2nd December 2013

Being af is not your punishment ! its your salvation !!:goodjob:

Diet Start

25th Feb 2014 10st 6lbs 3rd March 10st 1.5lbs

Comment

Day 2 - Success!

Yay, I got a star somehow!!!

I love reading all your comments, but I feel a tad rude for not replying to each one individually. Is that ok? I hop and skip all over the place, forgetting where I read a particularly good story...

I'm a newbie here, in more than one sense, so if I should correct anything - etiquette-wise or otherwise, PLEASE let me know. I don't bite

FiveClover

Comment

Day 2 - Success!

How do you get a star?! Well done on getting one, though!

Comment

Day 2 - Success!

OlgadaPolga;1595480 wrote: How do you get a star?! Well done on getting one, though!
                      Stars are awarded for....day 1,7,30, six months, 1 year, and then one star for every year on your anniversary date.

I try and catch them all, but sometimes I miss a few, so dont be shy about PM'ing me if someone is deserving
                      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Day 2 - Success!

Congrats Five on getting the much-coveted Nelz Star!!! You deserve it!

I laughed at your post...I remember sometimes thinking "When did I have triplets?"....seeing my daughter in multiples is funny now, but wasn't at the time!
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Day 2 - Success!

Five Clover-Great Job! Hang on to this Glorious feeling. Way to go! See.....you can do this.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Working...
                          X