Smashed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smashed

I saw this film mentioned in another thread, so thought I would give it a watch.

It's a good film, and as a 'social' binge drinker, a lot of the film rang true to me. It's only about 80 minutes long, but gives a good picture of someone trying to balance a normal life with drinking and about getting clean.

I won't say much more for those who haven't seen it, but I would recommend it.

Who's seen it?

Smashed

I've seen it...got it at the Library of all places

Have you watched "Flight"? That movie struck a chord with me that other movies never did. I highly recommend it...
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Smashed

I've seen it. It was interesting to me.

I like "When a man loves a woman" if was really "sobering" to watch how alcoholism effects the whole family unit & how a husband can be an enabler.

If you are a middle age woman with kids it's a MUST watch.

I remember watching it when I was younger thinking I would never have such problems.
      Bit me right in the arse.

Comment

Smashed

bkyogagurl;1595535 wrote: I've seen it. It was interesting to me.

I like "When a man loves a woman" if was really "sobering" to watch how alcoholism effects the whole family unit & how a husband can be an enabler.

If you are a middle age woman with kids it's a MUST watch.
        I agree with you bkyogagurl. I watched it after I had been AF for awhile and was very moved (and embarrassed) by the movie. I remember starting to watch it a few years ago but stopped because it made me so uncomfortable and I didn't want to face those truths. I watched Flight about a month after I quit and thought it was great. It occurred to me, though, that I wouldn't have wanted to see it or would have tried to dismiss it with criticism it if I had tried to watch it earlier.
        Denial denial denial!

Comment

Smashed

I used to watch that series "Intervention" (while drinking) and think "boy those people are pathetic!!!"...but in reality, if a camera were following me around, I was the same, if not worse than them. After I got sober, I had a whole new compassion for what they were going through...

Comment

Smashed

I read the book, Smashed. Very good. Didn't know they made a movie.
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Smashed

K9, me too. Intervention is a good show. I sometimes watch episodes on youtube.
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Smashed

I have never heard of "Smashed" but has anyone here heard of or read a book called "Drinking: A Love Story" ? I have been looking at it online for a few days now and wondering if it is any good? thanks
                ?That's the problem with drinking,
                If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
                if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
                and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
                ― Charles Bukowski
                :wings::wings:
                Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Smashed

Hi Loves!

Definitely read Drinking: A Love Story...it's very good.

Comment

Smashed

I went to see smashed just by coincidence the weekend after I quit drinking. It was a good reminder of how shit it can be.
                    Drink free since 18 August 2013:h

Comment

Smashed

I really enjoyed how it shows the 'fun' from an outside perspective. It's not really fun at all. When you're drunk or high you think you're having a ball. But generally you're just embarrassing yourself,

And then to see the morning after too from an outside perspective. That I understood.

Comment

Working...
                      X