Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Dream

Hello everybody,

I tried doing this on my own, many times but as you can see I never succeeded because I was always in my head, even my milestones were all in my head with nobody to share it with, after all everyone thinks I am sober!

It used to be drink, which completely destroyed my life, now for the past year it was cannabis, with beer of course and the odd shroom here and there, my loyal excuse being I wanted to feel spiritual but each time I do I just want the feeling again. I handed in my notice at my good job a few days ago and have no recollection of it!

Now I see it is do or die time, I have just smoked my last joint (scraped the bottom of the grinder!) am on my last box of cigs, have one beer left in the fridge and am on cold turkey from tomorrow morning!

Hope to stay on the straight and narrow this time, my little boy is away so I have time to get the support I need from myself by taking long walks and of course dropping in from time to time to read other stories to gain inspiration for myself.

Oh and hello :new:

I have a Dream

Hi I have a dream welcome back. Sounds like yo are planning to do a lot of changes all at one time do you have family or friends to support you ?. Good luck as with all of us this is a tough journey x
    AF Since 2nd December 2013

Being af is not your punishment ! its your salvation !!:goodjob:

Diet Start

25th Feb 2014 10st 6lbs 3rd March 10st 1.5lbs

Comment

I have a Dream

From one Dream to another Dream - welcome here:H:H

I have the utmost respect for people who try to do this on their own - I certainly was not capable of it. Join us in the Newbies Nest - it's a very sociable place - where you'll always find somebody to talk to.

Read as much as you can here on the boards - learn from other people - and post whenever you feel like a drink or when you have a question or when you just want to talk.
      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

I have a Dream

Hi Dream and Welcome!

I'm glad you've found us. We can all identify with what you're going through. I do have one concern though, are you quitting EVERYTHING at once (drink, cigs, etc)? I would suggest picking one demon at a time to tackle. I remember one time I quit drinking, smoking, went on a diet, and went to the gym. Guess what I was successful at? NONE.

Pick the biggest evil (drink) and focus on that. I am in NO WAY endorsing smoking or other things, but I have found (many times) that taking on everything at once is just a set up to fail at all.

Please head over to the Newbies Nest. Glad you're here with us!

K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I have a Dream

Thanks guys.

No I have no friends to support me, lost most everyone I knew while drinking and making a mess out of my life, but its ok... never too late hey?
          I mean at least I have now made the decision. Been watching "Flight" tonight as someone mentioned it in another thread and wished I was him at the end... I too stood where he stood and continued to lie.
          Bat I am sober tonight and looks like I made it cause it is bed time, my only wish is to get some sleep.. I have a fear of insomnia which is another reason why I thought I should drink or get high.
          Now I did smoke tonight, k9 you are right, maybe just focus on sobriety and squeeze the rest in like smoking and getting healthy - perhaps tomorrow
          But I am happy to be here, happy to have found like minded helpful people who also want to help/get helped.
          Will check out that nest later!

p.s. Good to know I am not the only dreamer here

Comment

I have a Dream

K9 I was thinking the same thing when Dream said they were giving up everything. One at a time, fags are my next on the list of give ups.

Welcome Dream and you are safe here. I think I will have to download the movie Flight. I have all the time in the world to watch movies now and remember them.
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
            X