Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to stop

Hi everyone,

I'm new and wanting to stop the AL life.
    I'm tired, so tired of drinking.

Any tips for these first few days would be great.
    Today is day one... So ( deep breath) here I go!
    Thank you:new::new:

Time to stop

Welcome Bohdi. You have found a great place. Pop on over to the newbies nest where u will find lots of great folks..the link to that and to the toolbox where there is lots more good info are both below my name.
    Make a plan for day 2 and post and read, read read!!
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Time to stop

Hello & welcome Bohdi!

Glad you found us & decided to join - it was the best decision of my life!
      Like you, I was so tired of the routine & just didn't want AL in my life anymore

Look in the Tool box, pick & choose any tools you may need to make a good plan for yourself.
      I downloaded the MWO book from the Health store here on the site, it has lots of info about the different aspects of the program.

Drop in the Newbies Nest thread for ongoing support - it's great!
      Wishing you the best on your journey!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Time to stop

Hi Bodhi ...welcome to MWO

Yes have a plan..that and hunker down... Depending on how much you drank of course.

Read and post. Keep your mind off AL. Your cravings will come and go. So just be ready for whatever may come.
        Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
        AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Time to stop

Thanks everyone!!
          I have the book and have started reading.
          I'm working through the toolbox also

I'm trying to figure out a plan..
          What did you guys do those initial first days/ weeks?

Thank you so much for you kind replies and support

Comment

Time to stop

I read the book and used the CD's I ordered...and I found an alternate beverage..water with lemon or tea..that kept my hands and mouth busy...watched mindless TV and found some recipes to cook..and I stuck close to the newbies nest and posted and got to know everyone.
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Time to stop

Hi Bohdi,
              Everyone is different but I stay very close to MWO. I log on about twice a day and read lots and post some. There are lots of people here who have lots of sobriety, and following their posts is a great idea. Look at their sobriety dates. They got to where they with a serious plan, hard work, and never looking back. I find structuring my daily activities is a big help to me. Like the others said, check out the toolbox for numerous ideas and you will find several that will work for you. Promise. Welcome!
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Time to stop

Hi, Bhodi:

I am only on Day Five but I had a BAD day one and two. Very, very anxious, and I know that is when I feel like I "need" a drink to calm me down. What got me through? 1) Telling my husband I'm an alcoholic and need to quit. No surprise there. 2) Drinking, drinking, drinking water, Gatorade and tea. As much as possible. 3) Taking vitamins, especially B vitamins. 4)Reading the tool box, formulating a plan and logging in to MWO, especially the Newbies Nest.

Here at the end of Day 5 I feel SO much better, and I still use the four steps above to keep me focused.

Welcome to a great place!

Comment

Working...
                X