The first 90 days of my life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just seen this - top man - must be 91 today - you are getting old!
    Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

Dave - great post - I am still digesting some other parts of it, but i wonder why did you feel you needed to "silence" yourself? I think having an active mind is a wonderful thing.
      AF since 10/20/2013
      Smoke free since 09/24/2007
      Meat free since 09/20/2008
      ---------------------------------------
      With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Sorry for the late replies..

Softy;1596805 wrote: Just seen this - top man - must be 91 today - you are getting old!
        Hell yea Im getting old. Although I feel like I can still run circles around these young bucks

Myluck;1596886 wrote: Dave - great post - I am still digesting some other parts of it, but i wonder why did you feel you needed to "silence" yourself?
        I think having an active mind is a wonderful thing.
        Well Myluck..Its hard to have such a high metabolism not just in the body but the brain. Thinking and thinking and thinking about this and that gets to be a bit much. Also for me I am very empathetic. I had an Identity problem when I was younger. I was taking too much of other peoples emotions and not being able to separate them from my own. Someone feels sad..bam..I feel sad. Happy..pissed..etc. I found myself growing more and more reclusive even though I tested as an extrovert when I was in my teens. I still would rather hang out at the house then to go hang out with a group of others. So Alcohol ( pot until I was older ) helped cool my jets sorta speak to help cope with the combined high levels of mental and emotional patterns my brain would be firing off. Im more tooled to deal with the thoughts now. I can focus more. The emotional aspect..well..thats still work in progress. I have to choose when to care enough to feel someone. Right now very little is being placed other than that of my boys.

I guess you can sorta see that in my postings..?

I just had to edit to add that I dont know if thats the reason I got so much into alcohol..just thats why I Think I got into it. I know it did help quiet my head...but to the point where there was basically nothing there after a while. I could have awesome ideas in the first few beers..then Poof!..Nothing.
        Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
        AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

You are a great inspiration to me

Comment

Working...
          X