Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?

Hi
    Doing ok today. No drinking since Sunday night, so that should make me feel good. Still though, I feel terrible. I'm trying to keep busy, stay positive and thing of small goals to set for myself each day. It's Wednesday and usually by now I would have had a plan into place about how I would spend my weekend partying. Instead now I feel I have nothing. I keep replaying drunken moments over and over in my head. Put up the Christmas tree last night which triggered a memory of past drunken holidays. Really can't remember a holiday or special occasion without me drinking. Feeling sad that kids see it. Any suggestions on how to move on from a haunting past? For now I'll keep reading and trying to take care of myself.

Comment

?

This potential rapist has no doubt done this numerous times before. If you have anyway to turn him into the police you should.

Good Luck on your journey.

Comment

?

Yes, as I do agree that this guy is trash and has no place on this earth. Strange as it may seem, I'm thankful that this experience brought me here. I've been contemplating giving up drinking since before Thanksgiving. Not really feeling motivated enough or kept talking myself back into my lifestyle was beginning wear me out. K9 mentioned that maybe I should consider this my bottom. She's right! Without this past weekend I would just keep going, living in my own world, invincible, thinking I'm right and everyone else is crazy.

Comment

?

Hi Startover,

Just wanted to welcome you and give you some support. I like your screen name, it's very auspicious. Gratitude is a very powerful tool and strategy (besides just a feeling that washes over us sometimes) for sobriety. It can put our head and heart in the right place.

Distraction is another very good technique. I had a small home improvement project that I was puttering away on very early in my quit. When I got to that certain time of the day that I would start drinking, I worked instead. It was truly "fake it till you make it," for a little bit but it really worked. Keeping your stomach full works too.

Just imagine yourself a year from now, remembering your first sober Christmas in a long time with your children. It is a beautiful thing! We are pulling for you!
          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Working...
          X