Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats your recomendations for cutting right down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't wake up wanting drink but every night I'm not working, I get the 8 oclock shock and go buy drink. Bottle of wine and 6-8 bottles of Stella but it is getting heavier. I drink into the early hours and I'm worrying about my health as I've been doing this for years. I'm nearly 40.
    So where do I go? I recognize I'm in a downward spiral and I need to get a grip but the habit is taking hold.
    I found this site after googling drink withdrawal tablets baclofan thinking they could help my evening time blues.
    I will scour this place but any quick advice is welcomed :new:

Hi bigtuff...you have found a great place...come on over to the newbies nest. There are lots of folks there with great support and also look at the tool box for some great info.
    The links to the newbies nest and tool box are below my name.
    Read, read, read, post and make a plan...those are the first steps.
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

First advice is o give up drinking completely in order to get a clear head. Maybe set a goal of 5 days an then take it from there. Alcohol distorts our thinking beyond belief.
      One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Welcome Bigstuff you have joined an amazing place . I have tried to cut down moderate my drinking for over 10 years I have found nothing that works but there are plenty of people on here who it works for have a good look around the whole site and hope you find what works for you xx
        AF Since 2nd December 2013

Being af is not your punishment ! its your salvation !!:goodjob:

Diet Start

25th Feb 2014 10st 6lbs 3rd March 10st 1.5lbs

Comment

I must agree with Poppy, i tried in earnest to cut back, taper, moderate.....whatever you want to call it. The only thing that worked for me was to stop cold turkey. I found that one drink only leads to another. Give it a try if what you've attempted hasn't worked. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If an old drunk like me can get sober, i know a young thing like you can, too! Like Dottie said, come join us in the newbies nest. We can help!! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hello & welcome Bigstuff!

Glad you found us & decided to join!
            You have already received some good advice. I just want to add that I also failed, repeatedly at trying to cut down or moderate. The only thing that worked for me was going for a 30 day period of abstinence. At that point, my thinking cleared & I knew that I wanted to remain abstinent!

Generally, once we have crossed 'that line' into dependency, addiction or whatever you want to call it moderation just won't work.

Wishing you the best!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Bigstuff,
              Welcome to MWO. You'll be happy you found this wonderful site. Lots to read and learn. You are willing to make your life and health better, you can and you will. There are so many inspirational people here willing to guide you along the way. Good luck on your journey.
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hey Bigstuff,
                Welcome. Are you trying to quit, moderate, or taper for a quit? Can you go a few days without withdrawls?
                You certainly recognize a problem, or you wouldn't be here. What are your goals?
                Tell us a little about yourself if you feel comfortable. Jump on over to the Newbie's nest thread for a lot of support from newcomers.

Comment

Working...
                X