What does Ativan do to help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, You have all seen me here before and I am still on the damn Alcohol. Someone told me to have my Dr to get me on Ativan.
    I was going to try to taper down from a fifth a day with beer over 7 days but a friend that is an Al councilor said that won?t work.

Thanks for the help.:confused
    All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Hi Rednose,
    Adivan is a benzo and can be an addictive drug. I am taking it for severe anxiety, but small doses a few times a day. I suppose that would help with any bad withdrawals if you're concerned about seizures. Your doc will be able to help you with that, but I have heard people taking this for those reasons. Good luck.
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Welcome back Rednose. Sorry to here you are still struggling. At least you are back and that means you are still in the fight. Still struggling here.Had one very bad and very dark weekend,so am now taking AB again.Helped me achieve 6 weeks last time then stopped.This time I plan to take the drug for ever if necessary. Good Luck :welcome:

Comment

Welcome back rednose!

Glad to see you again.
        Ativan is useful for alcohol withdrawal, to help you get through the first few rough days & prevent seizures. As long as you are medically supervised & taking the Rx as prescribed it should be fine.
        I didn't need anything like this myself but having spent early three decades in the medical field I have seen a lot.
        Go see your doc, be honest & ask for advice

Wishing you the best!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
        X