Hello again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello again

Hi everyone, I can't believe it was June the last time I posted on here! Since my last post I have 'improved' my drinking habits and I am having a couple of days alcohol free every week and also not drinking as much as I was on the days I do drink ( my consumption was tipping two bottles of white wine almost every night at one point) I usually stop at one bottle now and then drink my new favourite drink - Peppermint tea and I feel that this is a really good achievement for me as in the past I would have found it impossible to stop and would have just carried on until the wine ran out or I passed out! Having said that I am still not truly happy continuing to drink and that is why I am back, I intend to read as much as I can on here and then formulate a plan to quit for good which I feel will work for me, I have been down the counselling route, the hypnotherapy route and the weaning off way and none of them have been effective for any length of time, I don't want to take any meds so I need to think up another strategy - I am never giving up trying to quit and that is for sure!

Right I am off out to get my Christmas nails done now, will check back in later on

Taking it ODAT

Hello again

Welcome back Mauri,
    Glad to hear you are doing well & still trying
    If abstinence is truly your goal you will find a way.
    Go through the Tool box again, you'll likely see something to motivate you.

Be well,
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello again

Hi there Mauri..well done you. Keep up the good work. Read my post and see if that could be an option. All the best B. xx

Comment

Hello again

hello again mauri . I've also come back here after a long time away. mostly i was away as i seemed to be going nowhere in particular with my drinking. am now back with a plan. am going for the nal route so am mostly hanging about on the meds threads. it sounds like you have done really well to basically half your drinking. am curious as to how you did that. i know for me that once that.1st bottle of wine was in me it would be very difficult not to get stuck into the next. VERY WELL DONE TO YOU. its great that you recognise that you need to take things further and of course you have come back to the right place. . w wishing you success. keep posting and let us know your plan of action
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Hello again

Hi Mauri, good to see you back here! Cutting down is good, but you sound weary of consuming any amount, which is what happened to me before I quit for good too. I had myself down quite a bit from my earlier levels (with occasional blow outs, of course) but I was just sad and miserable most of the time. I'm glad to see you back and still in the fight. Sending you support!
          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Hello again

Hi Mauri! So good to see you again! I just posted on your other thread and now that I've read how you've been, you can ignore my question. LOL

It's good you're making progress. You never fail until you quit trying. So keep up the good work and slowly but surely you will get there. Stay close to the boards. I know when I stray from these good people my mind starts messing with me!

Hang in there my friend! :l
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hello again

Thanks everyone I am very happy to be back just in bed with my pepper mint tea after just two glasses of wine I dont really know how I can stop now ' mid-flow" as it were it just happens and I am hoping it is a sign I am ready to quit completely soon!
              Taking it ODAT

Comment

Hello again

Also the wine was a fizzy one at only 5.5%
                Taking it ODAT

Comment

Hello again

Hi Mauri,

Just keep cutting back, little by little then decide that you are done, once & for all.
                  That's what I did & it worked for me. You can do it too
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello again

Thanks Lav

It was sooo good to wake up unhungovered again this morning, the more mornings I have like this the more I want, I feel full of energy and looking forward to the chores to do and errands I have to run instead of dreading them
                    Taking it ODAT

Comment

Hello again

Good job Mauri!

If you're like me, one or two drinks isn't what you're going for anyway...I was looking to get DRUNK. I've never in my life been satisfied with a drink or two. Keep cutting back and soon you'll give it up completely, cuz what's the point?

Have a great day, and congrats on being un-hung! LOL
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hello again

Thanks K9 I went out for a Christmas meal with my crochet group last night and for the first time in my life on a Christmas party I drove there and back so I had one small wine and then drank soft drinks, it was such a change to walk through the door at home instead of staggering and to make myself a cup of peppermint tea and tell my hubby what a great night I had instead of crawling up the stairs and rolling into bed! I am so proud of myself I can't even tell you, there was even the offer just before setting off of a lift home so I could have chosen to drink but I didn't :happy::happy::happy:
                        Taking it ODAT

Comment

Hello again

Congrats mauri, makes us more determined to get rid of al when we achieve something. For me it was just not drink. I did not think of cutting down as i'm sure if someone came to visit those two drinks would turn into 22. Good on you for what you are achieving. Its nice to wake up without a hangover and bruises etc and wonder where what we did. You should meander over to "ladies on a mission" thread, so much crocheting stories and always a giggle.

Good luck
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hello again

available;1601054 wrote: Congrats mauri, makes us more determined to get rid of al when we achieve something. For me it was just not drink. I did not think of cutting down as i'm sure if someone came to visit those two drinks would turn into 22. Good on you for what you are achieving. Its nice to wake up without a hangover and bruises etc and wonder where what we did. You should meander over to "ladies on a mission" thread, so much crocheting stories and always a giggle.

Good luck
                            Ooh thanks I will have a look now!
                            Taking it ODAT

Comment

Hello again

mauritiusdodo;1601952 wrote: Ooh thanks I will have a look now!
                              I cant find it?
                              Taking it ODAT

Comment

Working...
                              X