How low does one have to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was the final straw for you? Sorry if this has been done to death, but I posted my first thread before Easter, saying that I was going to allow myself the holiday, then decide whether to be AF or moderating.

Ha.

So many people must have been thinking 'Yeah, right' when I posted last. Rightly so. The holiday gave me an excuse to 'enjoy myself', and I can't say my behaviour (as in drinking a bottle of wine a night, and sometimes more - the scary bit - ) has changed at all.

I really really really meant it when I posted on here that I was fed up with it all, and want to stop, but here I am again, middle of the night in UK time, work in the morning, children knowing I had at least 2 drinks. Etc etc.

Do I have to be crawling in the streets before I hit the rock bottom I need to quit this for ever?

I'm feeeling more than a little worried just now.

No you sure don't have to be crawling in the streets to hit rock bottom...I drank almost a whole bottle of vodka last night and could barely move most of the day, only to stay on line and read as much as I could for support...

You are here with friends to help and support you, we all know how you feel and what you are going through. don't give up, just keep coming back. I know I have to, or I know what's going to happen to me.

Take care of yourself today, and feel better!!! everyone here does care.

Comment

Hello Doodle. We all have that one thing in common. It seems we never learn why we were so desperate to quit in the first place. I still continue to fall, regardless of how horrible I feel sometimes. So many times, it was THE LAST TIME!! I know what you're saying. However, with the support of this site, and the techniques and knowledge that is out there, you can eventually beat this thing. But, you can't worry too much if you fall. Just get back on, and lets tackle this together. Today there were some post of members that did 100 days, and one that was on 78. There are members that have done years of complete abstinence. You can do it too, as well as I. Please hang in there. You can do it.
      where does this go?

Comment

Hang in there doodledoll and kali. You are certainly not alone. I agree with kali. We need to keep coming here for support. I know my behavior won't change instantly but already I am feeling a bit more capable of moderation. I guess I'll find out if that is really the case...

Check in tomorrow.

:new:

Comment

OK Doodledoll and Kali,

Sounds to me like it's time for you guys to start making a plan!!!

Now you should know the drill by now - check out the Introductory parts of this site and read about the MWO programme then read and read some more!!. Download the MWO Book, if you haven't done so already - read from cover to cover (you can do so in an hour or so) and start to formulate a plan for tackling this thing.

Your plan of attack may be the whole shebbang , which I used with fantastic success - the medication, supplements, hypnotherapy CDs etc etc - or using some aspects only, as some members have done successfully. Whichever you chose there is always someone here to advise you and to answer your questions, no matter how trivial those question may seem.

And remember the soonest you can get some AF days under your balt the easier the whole process becomes,

Goodluck, keep in touch - and get cracking...

Robin
          x

Comment

Working...
          X