Christmas free of al

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas free of al

hello everyone, just checking in to wish all u guys a happy Christmas. There is booze everywhere in my neck of the woods making it very difficult, but I am determined to remain af over the Christmas period!!! It will be a first for me. ODAT is about as good as it gets for me at the moment. So whose with me what are your plans? I will be on here on and off Christmas day looking for support. thanks guys

Christmas free of al

Count me in Had i wont be drinking at xmas or new year or anytime soon. I will take the bottle of wine to my daughters and soft drink for me. I dont need to pour poison down my throat. Someone said on another thread "would you drink bleach" knowing how harmful it is, well a lot like al really.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Christmas free of al

Count me in, too. AL really has never done me any favors, in fact it nearly took away everything that I hold dear. It is not worth it. A dam drink is not going to take one more day of MY life!
      Drinking AL is not living, it's dying... I will be right here with you! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Christmas free of al

I will not be drinking over the Christmas Holiday. Al has not done one single posative thing for me. I do not wish to include it in this spevial time.
        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Christmas free of al

Joining in Hadit! I did it two years ago and it was great - I wish I didn't drink the bottle that I got as a gift as it has taken me two years to get back here - regift everyone, please!
          I am having a sober Christmas and start to 2014- happy to be supported and to support everyone with a similar plan...
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Christmas free of al

thanks Guys we are in then. Any other takers out there ?:thumbs::thumbs:

Comment

Christmas free of al

Byrdie, Love your quote. No its not living, it is just living hell!!! thanks. I am supposed to be at a Christmas breakup this pm but decided to cancel. There is just sooo much al around this time of the year! Every pub and caf? I go past, are full of drinkers. Wished I could drink normal, but that ain't going to happen......I am an alcoholic!!:nutso::nutso:

Comment

Christmas free of al

scottish lass;1601706 wrote: Joining in Hadit! I did it two years ago and it was great - I wish I didn't drink the bottle that I got as a gift as it has taken me two years to get back here - regift everyone, please!
                I am having a sober Christmas and start to 2014- happy to be supported and to support everyone with a similar plan...
                Thanks SL. Just one slip, thats all it takes and we are back where we started!!!! I am taking AB so that helps, but the struggle is relentless. Just ODAT here in this neck of the woods!!:wave::wave:

Comment

Christmas free of al

Might go and see a movie New Years Eve. I just hate NYE parties, just drink myself stupid and can never remember a thing.

Comment

Christmas free of al

Count me in - day 107 today - too far along the path to turn back now
                    Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

Christmas free of al

Yep Softy I agree....dont want to start over at this point....
                      U are doing great!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Christmas free of al

Dottie Belle;1601915 wrote: Yep Softy I agree....dont want to start over at this point....
                        U are doing great!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        So are you, is your date in USA format?
                        I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Christmas free of al

Yes September 1, 2013
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Christmas free of al

Dottie Belle;1601927 wrote: Yes September 1, 2013
                            Just brilliant !

What are we drinking on the 25th then Dottie?

I have Pepsi Max, Irn Bru and a nice vintage DrPepper in te fridge
                            Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

Christmas free of al

Softy I like new and exotic teas...carbonated beverages dont always agree withe me..what is Irn Bru??
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                              X