Just Passed My Detox Stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been AF for 7 days now. It has been a wondeful feeling, especially in the morning. The once annoying chirping birds at 6AM are now a beautiful alarm clock for me.

I am not sure If I have had "cravings" yet, but I do often think "how wonderful a beer would taste right now". These thoughts pass literally within seconds, where I have heard cravings can last up to 20 minutes.

My Doctor does not plan to perscribe a craving medication for another two weeks. I am afraid of not have a safety net it that time period.
    The world and everyday of it is mine.

Hello Yucon

Yucon, is your doctor aware of Campral? That seems to be great if you are planning on going completely alcohol free. The recommended time for taking Campral is only 5 days after abstaining, so you are already there. It may not hurt to look into, and educate your doctor about it. Believe it or not, a lot of GPs aren't aware of some of the things out there. Hey, they can't be on top of everything, right? Congratulations on 7 days. That is amazing.
    where does this go?

Comment

Yucon, big congrats on a week of sobriety!

To help combat any potential cravings, I would encourage you to come up with a quick list of 'triggers,' that would potentially make you want a drink. Then, come up with a plan of action to deal with them. I've found that recognizing them for what they are (triggers) and then dealing with them constructively not only eliminates them but strengthens me as a person.

Again, way to go on seven days!
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Yucon- Congratulations on your week of AF! That is wonderful, be proud of yourself. It is such a great feeling to feel "good" again, isn't it. I am not on any of the drugs but if your doctor is planning prescribing them for you I'm not sure why he would wait. It seems like you would need to be on them sooner than later. But- maybe he has good reason. Well congratulations again and stay strong! Aquamarine
        NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
        AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Working...
        X