X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The morning after

For us new to the AF life yesterday was a huge milestone

Did everyone make it through ok?

How did you find it doing Christmas Day without booze?

The day seemed to last forever but guess that was due to the telly being so poor

Boxing Day with no hangover is a novelty

Day 111 Keep On Keeing On!
    Last drink 6th September 2013

The morning after

Hi Softy - I made it through too - well done us !
    Was a few iffy moments - but that was just tiredness and not being allowed to go to bed
    We turned off the telly then and played charades- howled with laughter.
    The simple things these days never cease to amaze me.
    Could see my DD looking at me with pride that the fun side of my personality is mine not owned by booze.....

Huge milestone for me :yay:

Comment

The morning after

it is as it is !!

Comment

The morning after

ShaunCurry;1603082 wrote: it is as it is !!
        The words of a wise one - Buddha walks amongst us !

Comment

The morning after

Softy I have been AF long enough that the temptation isn't there. But Christmas Day wasn't as fun as it used to be. I guess because I got through it hammered in the past. I am looking these days at what I find to be fun. It has definitely changed. I felt sort of sad about it yesterday.
          Newbies Nest
          Toolbox
          My accountability thread

Comment

The morning after

The first one is the hardest for sure!! The second one was much better and the third one is a piece of cake!! It IS different, but a thousand times BETTER than waking up with the GSR Brothers. I do not miss that feeling of self loathing and sneaking around AT ALL! GREAT job everyone!! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

The morning after

Yep it was different for sure but so glad I made it. WE are going out later with friends and am glad I can do that and not have to sleep all day.....
              WooHoo for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

The morning after

Glad you made it through Softy. It gets easier
                I try to now adapt celebrations when I can so that there is less stress and that includes not spending hours being bored watching others drink and eat. Sometimes unavoidable and it depends on families and cultures.
                We had a low key day and went on a fantastic walk. It's summer here so those kinds of things are possible. I did make yummy food and a very decadent AF chocolate Yuletide log

Comment

The morning after

I had my first sober Christmas eve since I was pregnant 11 year ago. A lot of fun - we actually had a "dance party" with the kids and then played charades, too, Satz. I felt a twinge when the first Manhattan was made and I didn't get one, and when the good whiskey was poured after dessert, but other than that was happy to drink fizzy lemon water and tea. I drove home (!) and had a great night's sleep. This is not my favorite season, but I believe that being sober made it better. Some of the depression was not doubt caused by the alcohol that I was using to not be depressed. Any way - Merry Christmas!

Comment

The morning after

Food glorious food - beats booze hands down any day

Comment

The morning after

While I don't want to see anyone feel uneasy or out of place, I take some comfort in knowing that others shared some of the same feelings as me yesterday. It just shows what we're going through is normal. I know for myself, while I flirt with the acceptance stage quite a bit, I'm still in the depression stage, so some situations sometimes still make me uneasy. I was at my brother-in-law's house, and he and his wife drink beer and wine, so it was just the little stuff like seeing full wine glasses and alcohol-related gifts and things like that. And it seemed like every TV show we watched had someone drinking.

Anyway, typing that out makes it sound worse than it actually was, I did very much have fun, enjoyed seeing family, and having an AF holiday. I'm very proud of everyone here. Good job on staying AF over Christmas!
                      11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

The morning after

I too was sober and sad and cranky. Why the hell could I not have one bloody wine, just the one? The answer to that was it would not stop at one, oh tomorrow i would not drink, its xmas! Did I have that drink, no, as i would not stop boxing day or the day after. End of story, so I did not drink. When those feelings passed which were fleeting then i smiled. Smiled that I could get through the al part of me, enticing me, begging me, tormenting me! AL did not win and I had my first sober Xmas and boxing day in I cannot even remember.

It feels good and I feel happy and blessed that I did it, we all did it and no-one can take that pride of being sober away from us.
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

The morning after

For me if was very joyful I enjoyed every moment of it - normally it was just a blur.
                          AF since 10/20/2013
                          Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                          Meat free since 09/20/2008
                          ---------------------------------------
                          With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Working...
                          X