so here I sit again...feeling the guilt shame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honeysoup wrote: Its at the end of the day and I have made it...we can all do this..really happy I made this decision. My kitchen walls are so bare...I need to find a new theme for it. Any suggestions?
    chili peppers?

Comment

End of day three and still feeling optimistic and almost can't wait for each and every day to wake up know that I am not drinking. I know I am probably getting ahead of myself...its almost like I am so excited to be sober...thats so weird but so great!!!!
      Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Hi Honeysoup....nearing the end of day 3 for me as well.
        I too am excited to be sober, but this time around the withdrawls are sucky....hot flashes, anxiety, wanting to sleep but cant and getting somewhat agoraphobic in that I don't want to leave my house.
        I don't know why its so much harder this time because this time I want it, bad, and know I have to do it because if I don't, I know I wont last much longer.

Comment

Well Done HS. just hang in there. K9 I to take AB Have been on it now for about 14 days, but I also feel a bit tired, especially mornings so maybe it would be better to take it am. I am sure its the AB. How long does this tiredness last ? thanks I took it last year as well and came down with a chest infection, tired all the time; but I think it was the flue and a coughs and colds that were around at the time, don't think it was ab. Can I pm you? thanks

Comment

MntGirl - I am not in anyway a doctor, but I get panic attacks and have been prescribed xanax. I found it to be very helpful in using xanax to help with the guilty feelings and my sleep was a restful one after making the commitment to stay AF. I don't typically take xanax on a everyday basis, only when in need like the panic attacks. I was doing some research online and I read that some doctors had prescribed xanax to help with the withdraws so I took it upon myself to try it. It did help ease the withdraws, I don't know your full situation but that's what I did to help me.

I am only on day 4 but I didn't need to take any yesterday. Everyone is different I just thought I would share what I did.

Comment

Keep on keepin' on HS!!!:goodjob:
              "We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
              ~John Lennon

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

~Author Unknown

Comment

End of day 4 nearly done...I re arranged my living room completely, went to the gym and went and tanned. I like to tan for the feeling of the hot sun on my face...it just makes me feel good. I started getting a little antsy this afternoon...but I took a shower and popped my antabuse so that was that.

Hang in there dipgal, I hope things are going well for you!

Comment

Great job, Honey. Stay strong, and in K9's words, keep TTFP!

Comment

Just saying Hi Honey Soup, been around the block a few times myself, and all I can say is that there seem to be some amazing, good hearted people on here, that will help you every step of the way. The best of luck on your journey xx:h

Comment

Day 5 here...I woke up feeling horrible. I have a really bad headache and I slept for almost 12 hours and I tell ya...if it wasn't for my five year old I would still be sleeping. That is why I stopped taking the AB before...because it gives me bad headaches and I get so sleepy. I want to keep taking it so there is no chance I will drink, but I don't want to feel like this either. I am wondering if the 500mg is way to strong for me. Has anyone taken a lesser dosage.

Comment

Hi, Honey:

Being very tired and having headaches is are also symptoms of giving up alcohol. I don't know about AB dosage, but it may be a while before your body is back to normal with or without the pill. Great job on day 5! I'm on day 35 and I feel a lot better than I did at day 5, for sure.

Comment

Pavati - Congrats on 35 days! That's wonderful!

Comment

Honeysoup, that sounds really high to me, but I really don't know. I would PM K9 - she takes AB and has for a couple of years.

Comment

I took my 500mg and cut them in half...hopefully that will help.

Comment

I was so tired yesterday and the day before. Sunday night I went to bed at 6:45 and didn't get up until 8:00 am the next day...last night I was so tired and forced myself to stay up until 9:30 and could barely get out of bed this morning at 8:15 for work. This is ridiculous...I didn't take the AB last night hoping I can get some energy. I still am happy with my decision of not drinking...I just don't want it in my life at all. Its a little hard to find things to do now or have the energy to do them.

Comment

Working...
                                X