newcomer ?campral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newcomer ?campral

Hi! I'm new to this sight. I have a question. I've been an alcoholic for 20 years, but in August 2006 I actually quit and maintained for 7 months. I had a 5 day slip in March and recently a 2 day slip last week. Believe me, this is the best I have ever done in 20 years and with no meds. Obviosly once I start I never quit, so I'm scared with these last 2 slips that if I relapse again I'll never come back to reality. I'm was wondering if Campral would help. I've read all the positive feedback it has got. My only problem I have no insurance and first have to find a Dr. to presc. it and then pay for it. I feel it's worth it. Thanks!!:new:

newcomer ?campral

Hi Chippy

Sorry can't advise on the meds side of things... doing it solo myself... but I just wanted to say a big g'day... and I know the others will be along shortly to say hi themselves..

We're glad you decided to join our family..

Cheers

Wattle
    Failure is not the falling down... it's the staying down

Comment

newcomer ?campral

Hi Chippy,
      Here is a place you can get campral online
      Campral Online
      Have you thought about trying topamax, check out the meds section of the forum.
      It can be found cheaply online here
      Buy Generic Topamax (Topiramate) Online :: Aclepsa.com
      Nice to have you here
      Suz
      Suz
      Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

newcomer ?campral

I'm on Campral and as long as I take it I have NO cravings for a drink. The minute I stop, bang, back they come. I''ve been sober for just over 5 months this time - will take Campral for 12 months and then start weening myself off it.

No side effects either... that's got to be good!
        It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

newcomer ?campral

Hey Flip

(Long time no talk to!)

Do you order Campral through the Internet? Any probs with Customs?

Gem x
          Free since 26th February 2012

Comment

newcomer ?campral

Hi chippy, welcome to the site. I'm not taking any of the meds, just the vits/supps but my mam is given campral every time she comes out of hospital and it does make a big difference to her. Only trouble is she stops taking it and then we start all over again..... (We're in the Uk and can't get topiramate). Best wishes, Janice
            AF since 9 May 2012
            Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

newcomer ?campral

(((Chippy)))

Day two AF and I'm on Campral, as is my husband. My doc actually gave me samples and Joe went and got a prescription....it was expensive but we didn't investigate internet options (Thanx ((Gem))) but will investigate it.

It really has seemed to help with the cravings, that and keeping busy. But it's pretty early....LOL.

I haven't noticed much side effects but a little bit of indigestion and I'm having trouble sleeping......but having drank myself into oblivion most nites...MIGHT have something to do with that....

Ask your doc for samples. :welcome:

Comment

newcomer ?campral

Hi Gem!!!

I fell off the face of the earth for a few months (but not the wagon thank goodness!) See LTA for an explanation.

I get my Campral through my Dr. We tried Naltrexone first, it worked for about six weeks but I blew it and it never seemed to kick back in again - unlike the campral which is very effective (for over five months now!)

Flip
                It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Working...
                X