2014 starts today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 starts today

Looking for words of encouragement and stories of how being AF has changed you ! Determined to make better choices... I am writing this from a Family event and the wine has already been offered and I said no!!

2014 starts today

Good job Sparkles!
    Getting out of this hamster wheel will be the best gift ever! You will feel pride tomorrow instead of guilt,shame and remorse! So proud of you, keep it up! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

2014 starts today

Last time I had a few weeks in I felt so good and I need to stay on this site so I can communicate with others. Thank you

Comment

2014 starts today

Hang in there! I promise it is worth it! B
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

2014 starts today

Hi, Sparkles and welcome back.

Is your husband on board for an AF 2014 or are you striking out on your own?

I don't want to bore you with a long list of why my life is better now than it was a year ago but it is in every respect. I no longer even value or want what I "gave up" - the taste, the buzz, the ease, the escape, the deep, drugged sleep. They seemed desirable at the time but that is only because the addicted part of my brain was in charge. Now that it's not, the real me is shocked and embarrassed to think back and now clearly understand the choices I was making.

That leads to the main change - the real me is now living a real life. The lying, sneaky, forgetful, sleepy, worried, cautious, drinking me is gone and I plan to do what it takes to never go back.

It is worth it, Sparkles. I hope you make a good plan and stick with it.

Comment

2014 starts today

sparkles it is so worth it..I am 4 month AF and can not begin to explain how much better I feel, I sleep better, I remember what I did/said the night before and so many more things.
            You can do this and it will be the best new years present ever!
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

2014 starts today

Hi Sparkles.

Who doesn't want clear skin and clear eyes and less puffiness? If an old trout like me manages to get compliments on how good I look these days Then anything is possible once you ditch the booze,:H:H

Comment

2014 starts today

Treetops, my hair is actually thicker! My hairdresser keeps asking me what I'm using!! ( it's actually what I'm NOT using!) B
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

2014 starts today

Hi Sparkles, just wanted to send you lots of encouragement - let's make it work this time.

xx,
                  UN

Comment

2014 starts today

My hairs thicker too,people ask me if it all mine or extensions haha,when i was drinking heavily daily it was thin and dry,actually these days i do notice on people who drink alot how thin and lifeless their hair is,also the red,puffy skin not cute
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

2014 starts today

It's amazing, isn't it Pauly? I notice that too....their hair and skin look lifeless. B
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

2014 starts today

Sometimes we need to think about the 'little' pampering things rather than agonise over the big questions of life and death. At least that helps me sometimes to get through the days and it's all part of the gratitude of being AF

Comment

2014 starts today

Thanks everyone... I am making it through today which makes me feel good because my MIL is a trigger sometimes. LOL

My husband isn't drinking at all today either, I don't think he will go AF
                          He's not as bad as me though ;/

I know in a few days I will start bargaining about a few drinks being ok and I am going to have to have some strategy. I'm going to need it

Comment

2014 starts today

Day 28 here and already my eyes are less puffy, my skin is more clear, I sleep a million times better and feel more connected to my family (sons and husband in particular). SO worth the focused effort to get and stay sober so far. Welcome back.

Comment

2014 starts today

We will be right here to help you with your plan. I am so proud of you! B
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                              X