Newbies in need May day 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that is a great plan. I'll bet that once you go and work out you won't want that wine. Good luck and hope you get out of the funk soon. inkele: inkele:

Comment

Good afternoon newbies,

:welcome: Jane glad to have you with us. Ducky don't be too hard on yourself your latter posts sounds like you are feeling a bit more upbeat now which is great.

Day 4 for me today, went to the docs to get a refill for my antidepressants today and I asked her about Campral (they won't prescribe Topa here) To be honest she wasn't very helpful and palmed me off. Said I needed to ring an alcohol drop in centre that is nearby. She said she finds that when docs prescribe drugs they don't work and that we have to show that we are making an effort in our recovery.

I just don't like those kind of drop-in centres though and would rather work at it in my own private way. I'm going to get some L-Glutamine tomorrow and see if I can order Topa or Campral via the internet. (if anyone knows a website that will ship to the UK please would you let me know?)

Have a good day everyone and I'll see you all later.

Kitty
      Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
      Confucius

Comment

Hi everyone,
        Glad to see it's mostly good news on today's newbie thread so far.
        Yesterday would have been my 5th AF day, but I caved last night and had my usual bottle and a half of wine. This morning I feel tired, have a headache, and don't feel like doing anything. What got me drinking was that I kept having this nagging thought, "You aren't going to go forever without a drink, are you? What's one night once in a while?"

I shouldn't have listened. As many of you have said today, I probably shouldn't think too far ahead, and just focus on today. I really regret that I slipped like that, but it's a vivid reminder of why I decided to quit that lifestyle. Gosh, and I was doing that to myself every night. Those 4 AF days had a big impact on me. That's how I want to live.

Take care everybody...
        Kathy

Comment

Kathy, sorry you are feeling the same way as I was this morning. I am a bit cheered up from everyone's kind words. Let's just move on and up! This morning was a good reminder to me as well that I don't want to continue along the same way.

Comment

I am such the Duchess of Dork!!

I thought I might have a rough day today at the office so I brought in my laptop from home in the hopes I could find a wireless network to piggy back off of (our DSL has been gone for two months now here at work). I found one and am now playing my MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) here at the office and I feel MUCH better. Who knew such a level of dork could be packaged in such a cute woman?

-Lorelei
            Suddenly I see
            This is what I want to be
            suddenly I see
            Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

Not feeling so good right now - all I know is that 11 days ago I'd have had my 3/4th glass of wine by now (5.30pm). This morning I felt good, pleased with myself but the news with my mam is not good, not good at all - she's been in a week tomorrow and still very very confused and mixed up. They are having to sedate her cause she's causing so much disruption on the ward - she's disturbing the other patients, looking for her dog, thinks she's at home, then she thinks her sister's going to walk in (they haven't spoken for over 30 years) she's so out of it. I don't know why she's still so confused when it must be about 8-9 days since she had a drink. When this has happened in the past, after a few days withdrawal she starts to recover. When I see what alcohol has done to her - I think well why do I do it?? I know I can't let this 11 days slip, but right now that voice is there saying go on, you'll never be that bad. Janice
              AF since 9 May 2012
              Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

So sorry to hear about your mom Janice. Please try not to give in today. It is ironic how we see what alcohol has done to our parents yet we continue. My father was a functional alcoholic who finally quit right before he developed Alzheimer's. It was sad that he decided to take care of his health then fell apart anyway. Is there some other way you could comfort yourself just now? I know it must be hard...Keep posting and reading. I am one of many people who will be thinking of you.

Comment

Hang in there Janice, I'm thinking of you tonight.

Kitty
                  Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                  Confucius

Comment

thanks for your kind words Kitty & Ducky - i don't know what I would have done without this site, I know I wouldn't have lasted 11 days. I was tempted but instead ran a nice hot bubble bath and took my glass of orange juice with me instead!!! Janice
                    AF since 9 May 2012
                    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Awesome Janice! So glad you were able to overcome the urge. I think I'm going for a glass of oj right now. Maybe a bath tonight!:goodjob:

Let us know how your mom is doing .

Comment

Working...
                      X