Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we get a weight loss tread started up in here?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone!! Where are you? Y'all must be busy at the gym and cooking healthy meals, huh??

Happy to announce that my weight loss program - 5:2 fast diet, and no alcohol for almost 2 weeks has been very lucrative.. I've lost about 10 lbs as of this morning.. Great loss, but keep in mind I have 100+ lbs to lose, so I don't expect such a great showing in the future. I am saving up to 1,000 cals a day with no booze.. I was hoping that I didn't overeat too much to compensate- and it looks like I didn't.

How are you doing??
    "We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
    ~John Lennon

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

~Author Unknown

Comment

WOW :wow: DipGal you are putting the rest of us to shame. Yes, you have a lot to lose, but doesn't it feel great to be off to a good start?

Slow and steady wins the race :h
      My first "indifference experience" Saturday January 11, 2014. Thank God for Baclofen!

Comment

Congrats on the 10 pounds and almost 2 weeks Dipgal!!

I am down one pound, my weight loss effort doesn't seem to be going so well. However I am on day 13 and looking forward to hitting two weeks tomorrow.

I'm afraid my exercise routine isn't going to get going until it warms up, stops snowing out there. ugh. winter.

Comment

Hi Tavistock!! I'm with you on the winter thing. Where I live the winters aren't particularly harsh but we do get a lot of rain then freezing so it's always icy. The older I get the worse it seems - I'm getting paranoid about falling.

But, hey, it's already getting lighter in the mornings!! Spring is right around the corner (I know, I'm crazy. But I'm going to be positive if it kills me!)
          My first "indifference experience" Saturday January 11, 2014. Thank God for Baclofen!

Comment

Hey Tavis - it is hard to deprive yourself of everything at once! Once you've got the AL under control and aren't missing it (too much), then take small steps in the direction of weight loss. I'm having a hard time dragging my butt to the pool or gym, too. I just keep making excuses. *sigh* I have one - free of charge (well, we are assessed) around the corner in the resort community I live in. I always go to the pool in the summer and both exercise and lounge around. I dislike going to the indoor pool, because it's so cold when you get out.. blah, blah, blah. But, I do enjoy all kinds of water exercise and swimming, and it's good for my bad knees and back. EXCUSES - I know I won't freeze and die!!! JUST DO IT DIPGAL!

JM - I thought all of Canada was snowy! You must be NW above Washington.. I hear it is pretty mild in the winter.. and beautiful!

Having lunch with a friend today and shopping at a huge resale shop. It's good to get out of the house!

I am still doing well on all accounts. Something just clicked, and I hope it stays that way!
            "We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
            ~John Lennon

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

~Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
            X