X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?

Is there anybody out there?

?

Lots of people dipping in and out, tell us how we can help?
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

?

Sitting here alone regretting last night.

Comment

?

:lYou're not alone - we are all here. Think about today and not last night.

Comment

?

Little O, there's absolutely nothing we can do about yesterday but we can do something about today.
          Start with a commitment not to drink today.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

?

I can't. My husband is downstairs and I daren't speak to him. Why can't I stop this.

Comment

?

I won't drink today.

Comment

?

Little Owl;1606272 wrote: I can't. My husband is downstairs and I daren't speak to him. Why can't I stop this.
                Little Owl;1606274 wrote:
                I won't drink today.
                Ahh but you can..........you've already started....look at the commitment you made for today. At the moment no need for grand plans of thinking forever.

Go talk to your husband, he's probably sad, mad and puzzled all at the same time.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

?

I asked him for help a few days ago. But then last night happened.

Comment

?

Hi Little Owl! I know exactly the feeling you are having now. Don't beat yourself up...it won't solve anything. You made a decision to not drink today....just think about that. Last night is over. We are all here for you.

Comment

?

Well I survived the day, my husband is talking to me. Went back to work and survived today too. Thanks for the replies, I really was in despair. I think this is day 3, although I was drinking after midnight on 31st. I have been here before counting days and feeling confident. This time I have no confidence, only despair. I just looked up the 12 steps. I think I've done the first one. I admit to being powerless.

Comment

?

little owl, you have just proved YOU ARE A SURVIVOR. you have survived the 'party season'. you have survived 3 days af. you have survived the worry with your husband. YOU ARE A SURVIVOR. youre taking steps in the right direction and your confidence will improve with each day. wishing you well
                        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

?

I have felt more despair then should be allowed. I really know how you feel. But not drinking has lifted that off of my shoulders. I know that I am actually committed to making the situation better.
                          You can do this too. We are here for you.:l:l
                          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

?

I think we all can identify. Hope you are still going strong, alcohol free. For those in the world like us, it's the way to go.
                            Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

?

Keep it up, Little owl! We are here for you and I understand the despair you feel. I'm sure we ALL do!!

Comment

Working...
                              X