Starting over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting over

Hi - I'm new to the forum. I have battled on my own for a long time.
    I quit drinking on Christmas Day - so have been alcohol free for just over a week.
    I've tried to quit a few times before with limited success - my best effort was 6 weeks last summer.
    This is my first time at using the prop of social interaction. I'm hoping it makes life a little easier?..

Chopden
    I gave myself a wonderful present on Christmas Day 2013 - a future free from the guilt and pain that alcohol causes....

Starting over

chopden;1606713 wrote: Hi - I'm new to the forum. I have battled on my own for a long time.
    I quit drinking on Christmas Day - so have been alcohol free for just over a week.
    I've tried to quit a few times before with limited success - my best effort was 6 weeks last summer.
    This is my first time at using the prop of social interaction. I'm hoping it makes life a little easier…..

Chopden
    :welcome:Chopden
    Posting here will be the thing that will help you stay strong.
    Literally saved me from myself !
    Go to the Newbie's Nest and settle in there first - then you can branch out to other threads - depending on your interests.
    The wiser folk will follow me here with great advice - good luck.

Comment

Starting over

Thanks for your support - I will head over to the nest ….
      I gave myself a wonderful present on Christmas Day 2013 - a future free from the guilt and pain that alcohol causes....

Comment

Starting over

Welcome Chopden, good that you made it here. This mens that you realize you have n issue here. And this is the first step.
        AF since 10/20/2013
        Smoke free since 09/24/2007
        Meat free since 09/20/2008
        ---------------------------------------
        With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Starting over

Hi Chopden!
          Glad you found MWO. You will find loads of support from the people here! Check out the toolbox in the Monthly Abs section. Lots of good reading and extremely helpful.
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
          X