Hello Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Again!

Hello fellows on your own way out journey. I am back again. I had a slip up close to graduation and was enjoying my "freedom" a little too much. I have accomplished much in the past year including graduating from college and getting a really cushy job that makes me a real adult with full benefits etc. However now that I have those things I feel that I need to once again work on my relationship with alcohol. I haven't had any "bad episodes" or any side effects so to say, but I am just starting to feel like I am slowing killing my body. After surviving the suicide of my biological father and my fiance and my own suicide attempt I just kept thinking that "Dammit! I am stronger than this and don't let that struggle be in vain!!!!!" I just started feeling bad internally; nothing in specific but I suppose a cosmic forewarning that if I didn't try again bad things would happen. Even though my job is awesome, I have a crazy work schedule and I finally had two days off so I used that opportunity to begin again, just in case I had any side effects. I have only really experienced some sweats and almost an internal humming but I think that has to do with the amount of sugar I was consuming. I tried drinking a non-alcoholic beverage that has sugar and that helped a lot. I feel really good and ready for this permanent change. I have gone for 3 to 9 months sober, and then I think I just got bored and started again. I have big plans for this year, and after accomplishing what I did last year I am pretty hell bent on achieving my goals. Not drinking and smoking will only help me and is a big incentive. Wish me luck as I begin again. Power to all of you!
    And Happy New Year and New Opportunities!
    -Tree23
    :earth: Tree23

Hello Again!

Hi Tree I am Treetops. Great names ay!

It sounds like you have been through hell but are a very strong person. Welcome back. You know the story - maybe go over to the Newbies nest for a while to settle in.

Take care and best of luck.

Comment

Hello Again!

Welcome back, Tree.

Good on you for getting a hold of this beast so early in life - it will set you up for much success. Join us in the Nest for more support, and check out the Tool Box for some good ideas for staying sober. I am on day 32 and already feel so much better!

Comment

Hello Again!

Thanks Treetops and Pavati! Glad to be back. I have done some changes to my personal surroundings and dyed my hair. New flavor to life!
        :earth: Tree23

Comment

Working...
        X