Getting Ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Ready

Hi all, I stumbled on this website 3 days ago and I was so relieved/excited to find it. I have downloaded the MWO book, ordered the CDs and meds, will buy the supplements this weekend. I'm looking forward to starting next week. I have been abusing alcohol for a long time with intermittent periods of sobriety lasting as long as 9 months. I went through a recovery program and a weekly support group and I have tried AA (love the principles, etc but don't like going to meetings). Moderation is my goal at this time if the combination of CDs, meds, supplements is as effective as many say. Would welcome any advice, words of encouragement, etc.
    AF Since April 20, 2008
    4 Years!!!
    :lilheart:

Getting Ready

Welcome momof3!! Glad you found us. You have come to a great place!!

Comment

Getting Ready

Welcome Mom of 3!! Sounds like you are getting off to a good, and well-prepared start, plus you've got some experience. Glad you're here.
      How old are your kids? I have two boys (3 & 6).

Comment

Getting Ready

Hi Momof3,
        Good to have you here, this site is such a help. I have 3 kids too, with #4 due in October.
        Look forward to hearing more from you.
        Suz
        Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Getting Ready

Hi Kathy 123. I have three girls ages 3, 7, and 9. They keep me hopping for sure. I so want to get this alcohol thing under control for myself and for them.
          AF Since April 20, 2008
          4 Years!!!

Comment

Getting Ready

How do you guys DO it? I can't imagine having more than 2 kids!! I wish I had a girl. But I ain't havin' another! No way no sir no how!
            And Goingsobermum--Expecting #4? Wow!

Well, Happy Mother's Day to you ladies! This is a good time to remember that our children are a huge reason for getting the drinking under control. Thankfully, my kids have been way too young to notice anything. My six-year-old thinks I drink a lot of ginger ale **guilt**, and he thinks it comes with a cork. But I know that I've let a lot of special times with them fly by, go unappreciated, or completely missed, and been a grumpy, short-tempered mom more often than they deserve. Before this board, I honestly felt like I was the only mom of young kids who drank the way I did. I felt really ashamed. This board makes me feel so much better. Glad you guys and everyone else are here.
            God bless and best of luck w/your efforts. Raising 3 kids is a monumental effort--you've got proven stamina! : - )
            Kathy

Comment

Getting Ready

Another mother of three here to welcome you :welcome: I have two boys (8 & 6) and a little girl who will be turning 4 this summer. I was shocked to see so many mothers who shared the same issues and problems when I first came here about a year ago. This is a great source of support and friendship. Nice to have you.
              Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Getting Ready

Welcome Momof3. Sounds like you are starting off on the right foot! We are glad to have you here.
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Getting Ready

Welcome momof3 - I'm a mamof2!! Two teenagers, my daughter 18 going off to uni in the autumn and my son, nearly 21 going back to uni in the autumn having had a placement year, living at home. I have been able to hide from them the amount I was drinking especially over the last year but they both know "mam enjoys her wine". I want to crack this addiction before I'm left with too much freedom next year cause god knows how much I'd drink then if I knew they weren't coming in. I'm on day 14 AF and I'm really motivated to do it especially as my mum is an alcoholic. Janice.
                  AF since 9 May 2012
                  Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Getting Ready

Hi Moms: I'm a mom of 2 (33 & 37) & grandma of 4 (6, 3, 3, 2). I have so many blessings, but the drinking takes them away. I want to enjoy life clear & clean, because I have so much going for me. Happy Mother's Day everyone.
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Getting Ready

Welcome Momof3. I'm a mom of 2 (ages 13 and 8). My children and my husband are my primary reason for wanting to change my life. I also want it for me. You can do this. With so many moms on board we should start of mom thread. Even if kids are grown and gone, no one ever forgets the challenges of raising kids. I'm glad you found MYO. It has been a tremdous help for me. Good luck!!

Julie

Comment

Getting Ready

Thanks to all of you for your warm and encouraging replies. It is heartening to know that there are so many moms out their struggling with alcohol abuse and that we have been literally "hiding in the closet." I'm happy for this forum and determined to get a handle on my drinking problem. I am at a point right now where I am so ashamed and depressed. I want to feel good about myself again.
                        AF Since April 20, 2008
                        4 Years!!!

Comment

Getting Ready

Hi Momof3! Me too. Ages 15,12 and 11 and alone in this! Good luck to both of us!

Comment

Getting Ready

Hello Momof3. Welcome Welcome Welcome.

I think we all stumbled on this site. In my case I was looking for anything that could help me without me having to out myself to the rest of the world. I finally decided the world might just need to know, so I have brought my drinking out of the closet. Strange to me, a lot of my family already knew. lol

Ashamed and depressed is exactly where I was 27 days ago. It isn't a bad place to start. I found a Dr. to help me with some Rx. and I am on day 25 now. I remember exactly how I felt when I started. I am determined not to go back to that life.

Keep posting and stay with the program.

Bear
                            What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                            ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Getting Ready

Welcome

Comment

Working...
                              X