Glad to be back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to be back

Hi folks - I just re-registered here after a years' long cycle of lapse/dryout n hangon/relapse. Could not for the life of me recall my old username or password. The last couple of benders were real doozies, with most all of the symptoms described repeatedly by many. My last hangover, if one call call this sort of experience a hangover, lasted 3-5 days and included much vomiting, aches, and shakes. I've alcohol free now for about a week, depending I suppose on when it was last detectable in my blood. Most of those days were filled not only with the physical pains of withdrawing from this poison, but also the tremendous mental anguish, guilt, remorse, and self loathing that most of you are familiar with. Today and yesterday have been good days, however, with the return of feeling relatively decent physically and mentally. I am no longer contemplating suicide as a means to end the pain and even finding myself experiencing hope.

HOPE !!! My goodness what a gift, the return of hope.

I will be making you all my support group for the foreseeable future and hope to be of use to the community as well. I have more experience than nay human should, in drying out, staying alcohol free for days or weeks or months, then talking myself back into it being ok somehow, and some time later having to scratch and claw my way back to some semblance of sanity.

Thank you all, I am full of gratitude right now. More later.

If you are struggling, try to find some hope. If you find none at the moment, know that I and others hold hope for you until you find your own.

Glad to be back

So glad to have you back! Sounds like you know the drill. Many of us have experienced what you have. Please come over to the Newbies Nest, there are tons of people there in all stages of their quit. Just stick close to us, we can help!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Glad to be back

Hi Uglyhat,glad you are back
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Glad to be back

Howdy, climb aboard. Hang on and ride this out. We're all right there with you.
        The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Glad to be back

Howdy! Welcome back! 2 useful links in my signature line! You have said it all right here...being free of this monster gives way to hope! Great job in coming back here, stay engaged with us and you will climb your way out...one step at a time! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Glad to be back

Uglyhat;1610941 wrote: If you are struggling, try to find some hope. If you find none at the moment, know that I and others hold hope for you until you find your own.
            Powerful. Thank you. We all lose hope at one time or another, and it's nice to know that others are holding space for us to find our way back. Nice to meet you and welcome back.
            Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Glad to be back

woops ... I posted in the wrong area ... no harm no foul? mods please move to Newbies' Nest? Thanks all!

Comment

Glad to be back

Ugly hat,

Welcome back, we all have fumbled time and again, stay focussed and we will sail through bud.

Vy

Comment

Glad to be back

Welcome back!
                  Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Working...
                  X