X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scary

Beverley Pickorer: A life wrecked by alcohol… at the age of 35 | Metro News

Scary

So this woman was drinking 100 units or so a day.

That is frightening.

Comment

Scary

This is horrible. Plain aweful.
      AF since 10/20/2013
      Smoke free since 09/24/2007
      Meat free since 09/20/2008
      ---------------------------------------
      With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Scary

Wow, I know that is heartbreaking but it is just another wake up call. Vodka was my drink of choice and I was able to drink half of a 1.75 liter bottle a night for 13 years and I am now 33 just shy of her age and no where near what she is going through. I got lucky I guess.
        Whoever I had become, the alcoholic, had to die.

Comment

Scary

Truegrit - my husband was drinking same - 1/2 of the big bottle of vodka (the one with the handle) a day. So he started getting sick in a last year - unexplained vomiting - pretty forceful when his eye vessels pop. We went to food allergist and she couldn't figure what's up. Eventually last October he got really sick with the abdominal pain. I took him to ER and he was admitted with acute pancreatitis caused by AL abuse. Scary stuff, severe pain.
          AF since 10/20/2013
          Smoke free since 09/24/2007
          Meat free since 09/20/2008
          ---------------------------------------
          With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Scary

Myluck;1613170 wrote: Truegrit - my husband was drinking same - 1/2 of the big bottle of vodka (the one with the handle) a day. So he started getting sick in a last year - unexplained vomiting - pretty forceful when his eye vessels pop. We went to food allergist and she couldn't figure what's up. Eventually last October he got really sick with the abdominal pain. I took him to ER and he was admitted with acute pancreatitis caused by AL abuse. Scary stuff, severe pain.
            He really needs to watch out because that is exactly what happened to my mother six months before she passed. Started with those symptoms and pancreatitis and finally the veins in her throat were so stiff, instead of vibrant tissue, that the last time she threw up she popped the veins and bled out. My aunt got to her first and the bathroom looked like a horror movie with blood literally everywhere.

Sorry for the gruesome reply but I guess this is the reality of what we have gotten ourselves into. I hope your husband is doing much better!
            Whoever I had become, the alcoholic, had to die.

Comment

Scary

Very tragic story I first saw this on FB. I wonder was there not more help before she got this bad but or I guess she probably would have refused or hidden how bad her drinking had progressed. Its a horrible way to die.

Comment

Working...
              X