new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here

hey there...I am new here...wanted to introduce myself...my name is gerry and I want to stop drinking...my average was about 7 beers a day...today is 5 beers...I have been to recovery programs and went for 30 years before I started again...not a big fan of AA...I am tapering off to 0 per day...doctor has given me valium but not using if I can...also want to drop 50 pounds...so if you can connect to me I would appreciate it...I know the importance of not doing this alone

g

new here

Welcome Gerry, we are glad to have you with us! Did you say you were sober for 30 years?? Wow, that is amazing. So obviously you know what needs to be done. We can definitely help you if you stick close to us. Join us over in the Newbies Nest, there is a lot of support there and people in all stages of their quits. I look forward to getting to know you better!
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

new here

Hi, Gerry

The link to the Newbies Nest is given below. It is a great place to hang out and you will find people who understand you --- we all are or have been there. :l.

You've come to a great place!

:welcome:

Comment

new here

I am new here myself and I have to say that so far everyone has been very non-judgmental, understanding and more than willing to help.

You were sober for 30 years, remember how good that felt? Get back to that place...you did it before and you will do it again.
        Whoever I had become, the alcoholic, had to die.

Comment

Working...
        X