Newbies in need day 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need day 13

Hi everyone. Good morning, hope you all have a really good day. I am sooo busy at the moment, so much to do, big count down until the b and b opens on Thursday, to this end, do you think that you could start this thread each day Janice, just until I get myself back on my feet again. moderated last night again, 3 glasses no adverse affects and still feel great.

Newbies in need day 13

Hi all'
    Went out and bought a 12 pack last night . Drank 5. They tasted terrible after reading that Allen Carr book. Poured the rest down the drain. Hope I keep feeling that way about it. I feel o.k. today.Happy Mothers Day to all. Bird

Comment

Newbies in need day 13

Hi all: I am beginning again on day 1 today. I think I learned something from the heavy drinking I did Thurs. & Fri. I didn't even enjoy it for one minute. I just kept going compulsively until I finished the bottles. I will keep the house empty. I find that works out for me. Anyhow, I'm not beating myself like I usually do.
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in need day 13

Hi everyone, Day 14 for me - 2 weeks!!!! Quite pleased with myself considering the stress over the last week - mam still in hospital and is having a brain scan tomorrow as she's still confused and mixed up - its been about 2 weeks since she had her last drink so I'm worried that her brain is affected. That is a big motivation for me not to drink.
        Well done Aduggan, very controlled and good luck on Thursday, hope it goes well. I'll try and start the thread if I have time before work, if not it will be when I come in at noon (UK time). If anyone else goes on before me, please start it off - we have to keep it going this month!! Good luck today everyone. Janice
        AF since 9 May 2012
        Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Newbies in need day 13

Hi Janice & Aduggan: I live on the east coast of USA but get up very early. I'd be glad to start it if I see it hasn't begun yet. Janice, good for you! I hope to get to day 14 at some point. I'd love to drink mod but just can't at this point. I think I have to be abs for quite a while before I can think about that. Today I feel strong. Good luck to everyone.
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in need day 13

Back on track

I managed May 1-4, broke down on Sat May 5 and cheated.

Back on track alcohol-free since May 9.

Comment

Newbies in need day 13

Hi gang

Not been on here for a few days but im on day 14 AF like Janice and feeling very well. The tiredness that i was experiencing has almost gone and ive been keeping myself very busy and eating healthily and still taking the supps. Ive started to do some exercising at least every other day and that has helped too. Plus ive lost 3lb since ive been off the drink so im a happy little bunny.

Love to all and well done everyone for doing so well

xx

Comment

Newbies in need day 13

Hi all,

Well done to you all on your af days, and to everyone else. Good luck with your B & B Amanda.

I caved last night and had a few drinks. Had an awful night's sleep with horrible nightmares and have had a rotten headache all day.

So back to day 1 again!! Didn't get drunk last night though, just merry and I remember all that happened. I was a bit worried about my bf's reaction but he was absolutley fine. He went to bed just slightly earlier that me and everything has been fine today.

I feel like my attitude to drinking is slowly changing. The af days really help me to think clearly and I think my bf is starting to come round to the af way. He hasn't bought his usual bottle of wine today which he has done as long as I've known him.

Have a good evening, afternoon, day, depending where you are.

Kitty
                Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                Confucius

Comment

Newbies in need day 13

Nancy – I’m AF since May 9th also. That makes it day 5 for me today. I made it passed the week-end. YEAH!

Yesterday was really hard for me because my husband was home drinking beer and smoking pot and really wanted me to join him. He’s been away for a while and wanted to kick back and enjoy life. Have a toke and a beer, go fishing and hang out.

I was going to go to Canada but my friends decided to invite some of my favorite party friends over for dinner so I canceled my trip. Then I invited a girlfriend that doesn’t drink out to dinner, but her car broke down and my husband had taken our car fishing around dinner time. It was such a difficult evening, but I got through it.

I think I must have logged on to this site about 20 times yesterday. Listened to the tapes a couple of times. Pulled my hair some. Drank a lot of water. Didn’t eat much but only healthy. Cried a lot. Wrote a lot of wonderful e-mails to friends and family that were long over due. Over all I’m taking care of myself and I told my husband that I’m going to be doing that for a while and avoiding situations that will trigger me. He said he’d try to be supportive, but not tonight and then he went to the barn, got himself a pitcher of beer from our keg and smoked pot as we watched TV

Comment

Newbies in need day 13

(((Adaptable)))

Wow, I'm on AF day 5 also. I admire you.:goodjob: I am struggling and I have my hubby who is AF day 5 also, struggling alone with me. Great job on resisting situations that will sabotage you! I'm from the other side of the mountains but yeah for WA!:wavin:

Comment

Newbies in need day 13

Well done Adaptable, you did well getting through the day AF!! Juney!! I was getting worried about you!! I hadn't "seen" you for a while and wondered if you are okay. Glad to hear you're not as tired. I have been shattered, been to bed this afternoon and slept 2 hours as well as sleeping well last night!! I think though I am eating more to help with the cravings- sugary snacks and sugary drinks, eg coke, and then I'm having a big "slump" so this week I'm going to try and eat healthily too. Great to hear from you all, Retteacher, Kitty, Hart, Adaptable, Nancy, Bird and aduggan - keep going and be strong. Thanks for being there....Janice
                      AF since 9 May 2012
                      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Newbies in need day 13

yeah, certain situations can be difficult to get through. Congrats for making it!

I haven't had anything this weekend. I feel bored. Also, I have to deal with all my worrying, depression and anxiety without wine. I really understand why I drink now. I drive myself crazy, never shut up in my mind.

I tried hypno but got bored with it. Started again yesterday and will try a few more times, rather than give up.

I am also focusing on eating healthy foods and exercising. Both help.

I decided if I make it to the end of may, I will get a massage or a day at the spa, or both!!!

Comment

Newbies in need day 13

the role of friends

one time I quit successfully for six months.
                          one thing that was helpful was having a friend in my social circle who knew what i was doing.

she was always the first to ask me if i wanted a soda and lime when someone was going to the bar for a round. It was really helpful. She made me feel completely comfortable.

Comment

Newbies in need day 13

Hello to all of you!!
                            Great to read your posts....
                            Keep it up you are all doing really well.

I agree with Nancy, it does help if your peers know (and understand) what you are trying to do.
                            Amelia
                            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Newbies in need day 13

Hi all,
                              It is comforting to read your posts and realize that my struggles are not as lonely as I think. My goal was 40 days. I was Af for 2 and have already slipped but not far. I stopped myself and actually put back a bottle of wine half full. Baby steps. Back on the path tomorrow. Shooting for as many AF days this week as I can. At any rate, keeping myself honest with the drink tracker! Thank you all for all you share.

Comment

Working...
                              X