Meeting myself again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting myself again

Softy;1616008 wrote: We can start a new sub group "Ageing Hippies Against The Drink" :H
    I'm in! I think I could even round up some old tie-dye around here...

I agree about the mindfulness. I started trying it after reading Eckhart Tolle's "New Earth". I need a little more helping getting away from the drink, but it has really helped with depression. Before I was depressed a good deal of the time but now not all that much. I don't care if other people think it's nutty and New Age. Bottom line, it helps!

Comment

Meeting myself again

Hi Softy,

I loved this too and it inspired me. thanks and great job!!!

meshellrn
      ?Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.?

― John Wayne

Comment

Meeting myself again

I haven't had anxiety Thoreau but I have read about others who have

Gracie - I will let you into a secret - I think I am turning into George Harrison

I hope after the spirituality I get his good looks, money and talent next!

He was my Beatle hero
        Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

Meeting myself again

High five to you keep up good work. I'm in the middle of what to do little hard as I don't know what I want to do. Had surgery on my neck can't work and husband is being demanding about everything will talk to doctor to see but happy for you

Comment

Meeting myself again

Softy, I would love you to elaborate on your meditative process. I have been interested in this for some time, but don't feel I get much out of sitting still at 5:30 am when I would rather be in bed. Is it ok to ask such specific questions here? I am new.
            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Meeting myself again

KENSHO;1617895 wrote: Softy, I would love you to elaborate on your meditative process. I have been interested in this for some time, but don't feel I get much out of sitting still at 5:30 am when I would rather be in bed. Is it ok to ask such specific questions here? I am new.
              My advice would be to try at different times of the day if 5.30am isn't working for you!

Ultimately there is no secret, it is just getting to know yourself without pretentions.

We all have the ability to lie to ourselves or create a story that we believe in to mask the truth

Getting to the truth is a long process that can't be done whilst you carry an extra voice which is the alcohol talking - jettison that then start to listen

Comment

Meeting myself again

Hi, Softy:

I finally tried the Calm app yesterday - I really liked it. I like the guidance, the voice isn't annoying - I listened to the surf. I'll keep it up with your inspiration. Thanks.

Comment

Meeting myself again

Pavati;1618704 wrote: Hi, Softy:

I finally tried the Calm app yesterday - I really liked it. I like the guidance, the voice isn't annoying - I listened to the surf. I'll keep it up with your inspiration. Thanks.
                  The Surf, the Lake and (oddly) the Rain all relax the mind then you can start to listen

My internal dialogue seems work obsessed which is interesting

It used to be drink obsessed. I guess that the work stress caused the drinking and then the drinking became a bigger stressor

Still need to work hard on the work worry though.

That is the key learning point for me

Comment

Meeting myself again

I use to have a lot of work stress when I worked for others. Then I started working for myself. Cleaning for others. Scrubbing toilets. Not much stress there. It really helps. Only stress now are crazy ladies. But I keep a sense of humor and laugh with them. I am going to try that meditation ap.
                    Thanks for being such an inspiration.
                    I think I will join your hippie movement if that's ok.
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Meeting myself again

I'm in too! I prefer "(S)Aging Hippies Against the Drink" as we are getting older but hopefully also becoming wiser not only in our choices but every aspect of life? Always been a hippie, so probably have as many years as everyone else, even though I am young in years. Old soul. The mention of muddy water reminded me of "Black Muddy River" by Jerry Garcia/Grateful Dead. Jerry wrote it in 1986 after being in a diabetic coma which was made worse by his drinking and drug use. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlcHywTouqE
                      Paulywogg- glad to see you are back. I like to see you here.
                      :earth: Tree23

Comment

Meeting myself again

"Aging Hippies Against the Drink" as we are getting older but hopefully also becoming wiser not only in our choices but every aspect of life?"
                        Yep I agree..I am eating better and taking life more seriously when it comes to my health.
                        I was a hippie back in the day....and a disco dancer like my avatar...wonder what that means. ;-))
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Meeting myself again

Dottie- I included a (S) before the Aging as in Saging Hippies..sage being wise..hope that makes sense.
                          Glad that you agree though!
                          :earth: Tree23

Comment

Meeting myself again

And the mention of muddy waters keeps making me think of Muddy Waters. Here's http://youtu.be/w5IOou6qN1o[/video]]Mannish Boy. Not much to do with Saging (not to be confused with sagging) Hippies, but I'm a music fan.

Another meditation again today, and darn if it didn't help pull me out of the doldrums. My mind was zipping all over the place, but I let those thoughts go like clouds...

Comment

Meeting myself again

I am delighted beyond words that by sharing my little story last week so many have found it struck a chord

The Aging Hippies Against The Drink was obviously a little joke

I struggle to lead my own thoughts never mind becoming a spiritual Guru :H

Keep on (meditating) on !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X